Getting cruise documents snail mailed to you?

salsagrl75

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone has opted for the cruise documents to be mailed to them recently?

I know there is an extra fee and you can have them emailed for free - however the cruise is a present and I was wondering if the printed documents from celeb would be fancier looking for a gift presentation?

I tried searching the boards but couldn't find anything recent.

Thanks!

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone has opted for the cruise documents to be mailed to them recently?

I know there is an extra fee and you can have them emailed for free - however the cruise is a present and I was wondering if the printed documents from celeb would be fancier looking for a gift presentation?

Thanks!

Salsa,

I don't have an answer, but I have been in somewhat the same situation before. I ended up doing one of a couple of things. I have gone to a local travel agent and have picked out a slick colored brochure that has our particular trip listed. I added a personal note to it.My wife was very excited! Another thing I have done is find a nice greeting card or a post card to go along with the email printout. Also, if you have enough time before your cruise have the cruise line send you a beautiful brochure.

Hello!

Thanks!

The documents will arrive a few weeks before the cruise, and are bound in what looks like a magazine containing your cruise details, luggage tags, the cruise contract, any items purchased such as shore excursions, liquor packages, speciality restaurant reservations, etc. They do make a nice keepsake from the cruise, but I am not sure that they are worth the $35 charge.

The documents will arrive a few weeks before the cruise, and are bound in what looks like a magazine containing your cruise details, luggage tags, the cruise contract, any items purchased such as shore excursions, liquor packages, speciality restaurant reservations, etc. They do make a nice keepsake from the cruise, but I am not sure that they are worth the $35 charge.

That sounds awesome! Thanks for the info :)

Hello!

Thanks!

After making my payment in full I received the appended email from documentation@rccl.com stating

Congratulations! Your Xpress Pass is now ready to be printed.

Your Xpress Pass is your confirmation of Online Check-In. It indicates that you successfully completed the Online Check-In process for you and those guests listed on the pass. .....

To view and print your Xpress Pass, click on the link below and log in:

https://secure.celebrity.com/BEFOREYOURCRUISE/ONLINEDOCUMENTATION/HOMEDO :eek:

However after several attempts I continue to get PAGE NOT FOUND error at https://secure.celebrity.com/BEFOREYOURCRUISE/ONLINEDOCUMENTATION/HOMEDO

So It appears to be a CATCH 22..since you CHARGE lots of $ to mail hard copy boarding documents but do not make it easy to download them

What kind of operation are you running there?:rolleyes:

I agree. They are nice to have and are so exciting to receive in the mail, but do not really have much substance for experienced cruisers. I won't do it the next time (last cruise was the first one with Celebrity), but if I gave a cruise as a gift, I think I would get the booklet.

Note to poster AVID:

· You will need to go to the Celebrity web site and click-on the MY CELEBRITY section.

· Next you will need to register for access to MY CELEBRITY (to establish a log-in ID and password).

· Once logged-in, select/click-on the ON-LINE CHECK-IN button

1. Next, fill in the requested check-in information for you and whoever is travelling with you.

When this is finished, you will be able print the Xpress Pass, order luggage tags ,download contract information and any other information you want.

I did this yesterday for our Eastbound TA in April on the Solstice and it took about 15 minutes. This will save time at check-in at the port.

vfr

While it may seem like a waste of money to some people, those of us that are visual people enjoy getting the hard copy of the cruise documents. It just makes the cruise that much more real to us. We still do the online check in and print our express pass, just like the book too.

Thanks for the input everyone. I found in the celebrity faq section a "sample" of what the booklet will look like and in the sample it included prices which would not work for a gift. I might end up making a nice booklet myself and getting it bound at a copy store to jazz it up.

Archived