Another Epic Cabin question

Tanbel

So what specifically is their concern?

14043 is on a quiet, dead end hallway on the starboard side. It has very easy access to the front stairs and elevators, and it's a quick 30 second walk up to the Garden Cafe and pool deck above them. The Epic is built like a tank, and they should not get any noise from above (we didn't in 14022 on the other side). Their bed is closer to the door than it is the balcony, which which feels slightly less "open" than the rooms that have the bed next to the balcony.

One interesting feature of deck 14 rooms up front is that there is a extended cover over their balcony, caused by the protrusion of the restaurant area on 15 above them. We loved this feature since it gave us more shade plus protection from rain the couple of times we had harsh weather. Also, because they are on the front edge of the "hump" their balcony is slightly larger than a standard balcony (but not much)

The views from deck 14 are outstanding. However, being on the starboard side they will see the industrial side of the port of miami during departure, not the more interesting view on the port side (not a biggie)

Here are a couple of pictures showing almost exactly what their room will look like, including the balcony overhang (first pic)

290-vi.jpg

The view from up high...

254-vi.jpg

289-vi.jpg

489-vi.jpg

Why we liked the extra overhang.

646-vi.jpg

View from up top in Cozumel

1381-vi.jpg

I kinda like that overhang!

I gotta tell ya, when it's 95/95 (temp/humidity) in the Caribbean, you want all the shade you can get! We had two days where it rained pretty hard briefly (one with gale force winds), but we could still go outside and watch the weather. It was really great.

Hopefully someone can tell me about room 11187. We took this room at the last minute so we can near our Son and his Wife. We have no need for the handicap facilities it was the best available. Thanks in advance.

Dan

Hopefully someone can tell me about room 11187. We took this room at the last minute so we can near our Son and his Wife. We have no need for the handicap facilities it was the best available. Thanks in advance.

Dan

What do you want to know? It's actually a fair bit wider than a standard inside to provide better wheelchair access.

Thank you sdmike. Our friends really wanted to know about the noise level by their cabin being so close to the pool etc. You answered my question perfectly:)

Not a problem. They're not under the pool, they're under the buffet. :)

Archived