Scooters in Cozumel

Katie95

Just wondering if anyone has rented scooters while in Cozumel.

How much did they cost? Was a downpayment or insurance required?

Any details would be helpful!

Thanks

We rented them last spring. It was a blast. They were about $55 for the entire day, full tank of gas & helmet included. They kept our Sea Pass card for collateral, but you might be able to leave a cash deposit, just get a receipt. I think you are supposed to have close toe shoes on, but on the way back, we had flip flops as we were running late & almost missed the ship because of dolphin excursion being late. The cars & locals drive really fast so we just stayed to the right at our own speed & let them pass. We only went to Chankanaab Park for the day & back but I'm guessing they would run all day on that tank of gas but there are stations where you can buy more. They gave us a map that showed where everything was. Check to make sure you get one that the seat locks to leave your helmets in though as not all locked. Not sure if anyone would take a helmet, but I'm not that trusting to find out. We only went about 30 on the way to the park but as we were running late on the way back, got up to about 60. Have fun. Be safe. :D

Archived