The Ulimate Packing List for Infant

ComeSailWithME

We will be cruising with our 13 month old son, so I have been doing tons of research for all kinds of tips and have come across a few great ideas! I thought I'd share my findings and see if anyone else had anything to add.

• baby sunscreen
  • baby shampoo/body wash
  • first aid - eye drops, infant Tylenol, infant Benadryl, Benadryl, aspirin, pepto, saline spray, sinus spray, Band-Aids, Neosporin, tums, baby nail clippers, nail file, ear drops, cortisone cream, insect repellent wipes, thermometer, tummyache remedies, vitamins
  • laundry soap sheets & sink stopper

• bottles, sippy cups, infant silverware, dishwashing soap in small container and bottle brush (to wash in your room)
  • Tiny Diner Tray to make meals a little easier to cleanup
  • Disposable Bibs
  • Blue painters tape (to tape drawers and fridge closed!)
  • Playyard sheet
  • Peapod

• Binder Clips (to clip blankets to stroller, to keep balcony blinds closed)
  • Rain stroller cover
  • Baby carrier
  • Bubbles
  • Blow up pool and sand bucket & toys (to fill up pool from main pool water and for playing in pool and on land beaches)

We will be cruising with our 13 month old son, so I have been doing tons of research for all kinds of tips and have come across a few great ideas! I thought I'd share my findings and see if anyone else had anything to add.

• baby sunscreen
  • baby shampoo/body wash
  • first aid - eye drops, infant Tylenol, infant Benadryl, Benadryl, aspirin, pepto, saline spray, sinus spray, Band-Aids, Neosporin, tums, baby nail clippers, nail file, ear drops, cortisone cream, insect repellent wipes, thermometer, tummyache remedies, vitamins
  • laundry soap sheets & sink stopper

• bottles, sippy cups, infant silverware, dishwashing soap in small container and bottle brush (to wash in your room)
  • Tiny Diner Tray to make meals a little easier to cleanup
  • Disposable Bibs
  • Blue painters tape (to tape drawers and fridge closed!)
  • Playyard sheet
  • Peapod

• Binder Clips (to clip blankets to stroller, to keep balcony blinds closed)
  • Rain stroller cover
  • Baby carrier
  • Bubbles
  • Blow up pool and sand bucket & toys (to fill up pool from main pool water and for playing in pool and on land beaches)

Thanks for posting! We're sailing with our Gia Belle next month, and she will be 13 months. Any help I can get, I will gladly take!

• 4 weeks later...

first aid - eye drops, infant Tylenol, infant Benadryl, Benadryl, aspirin, pepto, saline spray, sinus spray, Band-Aids, Neosporin, tums, baby nail clippers, nail file, ear drops, cortisone cream, insect repellent wipes, thermometer, tummyache remedies, vitamins

I really hope that first aid items is for everyone and not just the baby. Aspirin, pepto, and tums are not age appropriate for babies..or even children.

Even if you are aware, I had to point this out because your post makes it seem it is needed baby items and as an ER nurse... I can tell you not every parent knows this info.

A must have that you hope not to use Pedialyte makes a powder for children 1 and up. You would hate to have an infant with stomach problems in the middle of the ocean. I have brought it twice and thankfully never needed it, but my son got noro on land and I don't know what i would have done without it.

Take this with a grain of salt because I tend to overpack for DS -

If the baby has a lovey/woobie/security item, do not leave it at home! Mine slept much better w/ vestiges of home so he acclimated to the new quarters.

We used the disposable table mats w/ adhesive rather than the suction cup one because the suction cups don't work as well on the plastic high chair trays.

If you have any food restrictions, have a child still on purees, or in ports where you might not have baby-friendly food available, bring your baby's food/snacks in single serve manufacturer sealed containers as these are the only way food is allowed to be brought off the ship. Likewise, if there is a specific snack that might not be available onboard, bring it with you. (DS is allergic to milk so we pack accordingly.)

I wanted to add - baby powder to whisk the sand away at the beach from little hands (and feet). It works like magic and then they can eat their snacks without getting sand in their mouth.

Also, don't forget to do a "lovey check" every time you leave the cabin and put the favorite blankets away in the closet. I have seen enough upset children (and parents) who have had their blankets thrown to the laundry and lost. So we always do a "lovey check" and put everything away in the closet before we leave the cabin in the morning.

i wanted to add - baby powder to whisk the sand away at the beach from little hands (and feet). It works like magic and then they can eat their snacks without getting sand in their mouth.

Also, don't forget to do a "lovey check" every time you leave the cabin and put the favorite blankets away in the closet. I have seen enough upset children (and parents) who have had their blankets thrown to the laundry and lost. So we always do a "lovey check" and put everything away in the closet before we leave the cabin in the morning.

great advice. Thanks for sharing

I saw the hint to bring a shoe organizer. For all these little infant odds and ends (tiny nail clippers, baby medicines, etc) we bought the following and it worked great! I started loading it a month or so in advance with little odds and ends. It rolled up in the luggage and we always knew where baby's stuff was.

One thing I did in advance (admittedly nerdy) was pre-package in a snack-size zip loc bag: 1 disposable table topper, 2 wet ones, and a "take and toss" spoon. This made it easy to grab & go a little kit for dining & excursions.

http://www.amazon.com/Household-Essentials-01943-80-Pocket-Organizer/dp/B0010XX7ZQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1334502966&sr=8-3

Archived