Has anyone spent time at White Sands Resort?

kcparrothead

I read a post from 2009 that said they contacted the resort (which is "next door to the port" and were told that cruise ship guests could use their beach and that they had a restaurant and bar. They advertise that you can snorkel right from their beach (but they don't say it's great snorkeling! :rolleyes:) I was wondering how their food & drink prices are - I'm thinking they wouldn't be any more expensive than Margaritaville & this place may be pretty serene compared to the port! The dining/bar area looks awesome so I'm a bit surprised that noone talks about the place here....

This is the place with Big Daddy's between Buffetberg and Jack's Shack?

I've heard it was quieter, the food a bit more local in offerings but drinks were similar in $ to what the others charge.

I think it might be on the other side of the port. Turn right instead of left when you get off the ship. Not positive, but that's the impression I got!

This is the place with Big Daddy's between Buffetberg and Jack's Shack?

I've heard it was quieter, the food a bit more local in offerings but drinks were similar in $ to what the others charge.

You are correct! Whatever I read here awhile back was incorrect. It IS between Buffettville & Jack's Shack, closer to the pier than Jack's, though. I just checked Google Earth and recognize the pool from their web-site. Big Daddy's is the photo I saw! Looking forward to checking it out in 91 days!

Here's a Frommer's review of the place - They mention cruisers in it so I'm surprised no one is familiar with it here!!

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/grandturk/D74630.html

• 5 months later...

Hi kcparrothead, I would just like to know if you ever visited the White Sands resort....we are there in Dec.2012 and it sounded like a good bet for some peace and quiet. Like you I thought it was to the right of the pier on White Sands Beach.....wouldn't you think!!! Anyway wondered if you could shed some light on the subject. Thanks for any help.

Hi kcparrothead, I would just like to know if you ever visited the White Sands resort....we are there in Dec.2012 and it sounded like a good bet for some peace and quiet. Like you I thought it was to the right of the pier on White Sands Beach.....wouldn't you think!!! Anyway wondered if you could shed some light on the subject. Thanks for any help.

We walked by it, but didn't stop. I do have a couple pictures that I took of the place, though. Didn't get a shot of the pool but it looked nice. Hardly anyone there so it might be what you're looking for! We went ahead and walked down to Jack's Shack with the intention of stopping at a couple more bars on the way back to the ship, but had such a good time sitting at the bar @ Jack's, we stayed there until it was time to board!

1757337328_crewbargrandturk.jpg.ff9d50cf70e60af1383f2ebc1fa3dab8.jpg

1350918252_whitesandsgrandturk.jpg.9ed098b91b847af2354d4186700086c0.jpg

Thanks....just a couple more questions...it is to the left of the pier after leaving the ship and how long would it take to walk there from where the ships dock. Peace, quiet and golden sands....sounds like us...thanks again.

Tullahlula

You will turn left when you leave the pier - it's just past Margaritaville.... maybe a 5 minute walk? Not far at all! You'll know when you see the Crew Bar that you have arrived! Have fun!

Archived