Can someone change ships one week out?

ksuds

I have a friend who is booked on LOS that leaves 3/22/12. Her cabinmate's mom just got diagnosed with stomach cancer so had to back out.

I am going on the JOS 3/22/12 and was wondering if RCI would allow her to do a ship change. Same number of days, same ports, same sailing date.

I thought it would be better so she is not driving all the way to Ft. Lauderdale by herself and we all leave Tampa area.

If she purchased the travel insurance likely yes. if she did not purchase it likely no.

She may be able to sell or gift her cruise to someone else though. Let me know if she needs a volunteer to go in her place :D!!!

She's going no matter what. Her friend unfortunately lost out. I remember many years ago that we were able to switch our 14 day cruise into 2 separate weeks. But a lot of things have changed over the years.

I was once told that they will accomodate this sort of change. It certainly won't hurt to call and ask. If she gets no for an answer, ask to speak to a supervisor and try again. Sometimes just asking gets you that magical YES answer! Let us know what happens, I'm very curious.

I hope they all have trip insurance, otherwise as was suggested, throw herself on the mercy of RCCL.

I hope she can make the change. Given the circumstances and if the can sell the cabin for more, she might luck out.

Archived