One Night in Bermuda - Suggestions?

scrunchie99

Hello all,

My hubby and I are going on our first cruise, and will be spending just one night in Bermuda, docked at King's Wharf. We arrive on 5/2 at noon and depart 5/3 at noon. I am trying to make the most of our time on the island.

What I have been thinking so far is that we should get off the boat ASAP and go snorkeling (priority for us), then go back to the ship to shower and eat, and then head to Hamilton for the Harbor Night. On our second day, I thought we should walk/shop/sight-see around the Dockyard.

I am trying to decide if it would be best to book the 1:30 snorkel excursion from our ship or if it would be more time/cost efficient to go it on our own. Also trying to figure out the best way to get around the island, especially after the festival on Wednesday night. Would appreciate your thoughts and input on these ideas.

TIA!!

Nicki

Water could still be a bit cool for snorkling on May 2nd. Just a word of warning. If you are headed to the Caribbean after stopping in Bermuda, you might want to save the snorkling for warmer water. You can rent small boats on Bermuda and travel around the island and drop anchor and snorkle where ever you stop. The boat rental companies give you maps and advise on where to do this. There is a Boat Rental company near Somerset Bridge. I believe they will pick you up at the Dockyard and bring you back after your rental.

The bus transportation is the greatest on Bermuda. You would probably only need a one day pass which is $12 and it is good for both buses and ferries. When you get the passes, pick up the schedules. There should be buses still running back to the dockyard after the Harbor Night festivities in Hamilton. Ferries may not run that late.

Good idea to stay in the Dockyard area the next day. You will probably have to be back onboard by 11:30 AM for the noon sailing. Traffic and delays could make you miss the ship if you get too far away. Lots to do around the Dockyard. Clock Tower Mall, Glass works, Maritine Museum, Craft Market, etc. Easy to use up a few hours wandering through all these spots. There is the Sea Glass Beach which is close to the Dockyard. That is a fun place to explore. About a 25 min walk outside the Dockyard. Look on the site for directions to that.

Archived