Elation May 30 - - Beach for swimming?

txteachers

The shuttle to town and short walk to beach at Progresso sound great. Is there anyone who has gone swimming at this beach?

We're 1st time cruisers (me, hubby, Mom, sister, niece and nephew) and are still trying to figure things out. Thanks for any and all input.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

:confused: There is a mention of a nice restaurant in Progresso. Does anyone know if you can drink the water here or drinks with ice in them? I know that in Cozumel most places have water filtration systems but I haven't heard anything about Progresso.

I drink beer, soda or bottled water. I'm sure that at Le Saint Bonnet the ice is either from an ice plant with purification or they have their own system as it is the same on Cozumel in almost all tourist businesses. Those that are in the tourist business, aren't going to take chances. I've never had any problems in Mexico in many trips.

BTW. The whole deep fried fish at Le Saint Bonnet is the best fish I've ever had.

:D Thanks for the information about the restaurant and water. My DH, DD and her best friend (both 14) are going on the Elation in July. We're trying to decide what to do in Progresso. Want to let the girls shop for souvenirs there. Can't decide if it would be better to go to Dzbaltun (sp?), go to the beach, or take a bus tour of Progresso. (We want the girls to see that not everybody lives like we do in the US.) Is there even a bus tour of Progresso?

cruzlovinmom. Also consider a trip to Merida. It's a beautiful, clean and safe city. Pop 900,000. It's the state capitol and home to 4 universitys. Some good restaurants and many parks. Also alot of spanish colonial achetecture from the mid 1500s.

Hola,

We had the pleasure of visiting Progreso the last two winters. We love it. I snacked and drank all around town and had now problems with the water or food. One of my favorite pasttimes is going to out-of-the-way places and sampling their fare. That may be why I am growing a little.:D It was cold and windy there our last trip, but the beach looked mighty fine to me. I wouldn't hesitate to swim there, when and if I go back.

Have a great trip and eat a shrimp for me.

Clackey

Archived