So excited!!!!!!

After months of planning, in 24 more days my family and I will be on the Allure. We have cruised many times before on Princess and after all the good things we have heard about RCCL we decited to give them a try. I have read and read many threads about everything (hopefully). If anyone has any thing they want to share to make this a GREAT vacation please share. I would love to know the good, bad, and what we should see and do, or not see or do. ANny input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lisa :)

My only advice would be not to constantly compare things about RCCL with any past cruise experience, but rather just enjoy it! Every ship and every line are different. I have heard Allure is amazing, so have a blast!! Come back and let us know how it went :)

I haven't been on the Allure yet, but I absolutely loved the Oasis...favorite ship by far! Make sure you at least watch the flow rider for a bit-I would strongly recommend trying it though! So much fun! (make sure you cover up if you're a lady in a 2 piece-that rush of water makes everything fall out of place :p) If you want a deliciously unhealthy treat after playing on the flow rider, go over to Wipe Out Cafe and get one of the pretzel dogs-good ol' junk food (I made it worse by putting cheese on it!)

Spend some time in the cantilevered hot tubs, especially at night! You can see the stars through the glass roof-we don't see stars like that here in Chicago!!

We didn't see any shows, but people rave about them. I would definitely say to not try and do it all-you will be more tired after your trip then before!

We enjoyed Giovanni's table for dinner-they give you a ton of food.

Just go and have fun. I've never been on Princess, so I can't give you a comparison, but I honestly think that there is just nothing that compares to the Oasis class.

Went on Allure last year and I think the only 'bad' is that you will love it so much that you won't be able to wait to cruise on her again! I anticipated a much too large much too crowded ship and could not have been more wrong. I think the one thing you don't want to miss is the show out in the aqua theatre - all shows are great but that one is unbelievable.

As I tell everyone going on a cruise - relax, don't try to do it all, make at least one new friend and try at least one new thing (that'll be easy on the Allure). ENJOY!

Marianne

Archived