Soda question

marquez305

We are going on the Sensation. I know if you buy the soda card they give you a cup with ice and pour a room temp can of soda into it.

Is there any way to get a cold soda without ice? Or should we just bring our own and keep it on ice in the room? Maybe there is a machine somewhere?

A member of our party drinks soda instead of coffee in the morning and it's important to them to have a cold one and not a watered down flat one.

Thanks!

A member of our party drinks soda instead of coffee in the morning and it's important to them to have a cold one and not a watered down flat one.

Thanks!

Have you actually been severed a flat soda?? Just curious as never heard anyone complain. In fact in the dining room they served the can with a glass of ice every time Ive seen it served in the MDR.

I would bring some with me if you have to have them that bad.

PS .. is your name a bad word?? Im wondering why your name when I quote you appears as ******* never saw someone's name bleeped out.

Actually when they serve the warm soda over the ice and hand you the cup the soda tends to be a bit flat. My kids can take it, but I have to have it bubbly like right from the can. So, I tend to skip the sodas offered on board. If I really have to have one, I will buy the can and take it back to my room and put it on ice to get it cold. Of course, I would much rather have the drink of the day!!:D

We are going on the Sensation. I know if you buy the soda card they give you a cup with ice and pour a room temp can of soda into it.

Is there any way to get a cold soda without ice? Or should we just bring our own and keep it on ice in the room? Maybe there is a machine somewhere?

Thanks!

You can ask for no ice (my husband doesn't drink ice in his soda's). I get the whole wanting a cold drink, however, your options are limited. You can bring your own and chill it in the ice bucket brought to your room (or the small refrigerators, which don't get very cold), or you can get the glass of ice and take your changes, or you can ask for no ice and receive a room temperature coke, or you could probably ask for the coke with no ice and a separate glass with ice.

My DH needs his Diet Coke just about the second he gets out of bed. So we bring a few 20oz bottles in carry on to keep in the room. The ice the steward puts in the bucket is still plenty good in the morning. Last cruise he got the soda card and didn't get his monies worth. Something to think about. It's also hard to get your already paid for sodas cause...they're already paid for and there is no incentive for the crew to make sure your cup is always full. That being said, it really is in ones benefit to make friends with a bartender (ours was the Serenity bartender, wish I could remember his name). We barely had to speak our needs and they were met. I can just imagine our bartender thinking...it's the Diet Coke guy and his wife, the lush coming up for a drink of the day or a tasty frog beer! Hey, one of us has to run up the old SAS card!

Oh....just remembered, DH says the sodas are flat when you get them.

I'm thinking the soda is flat because it is old. DH has never been given the can with the cup, never. But he doesn't drink soda in the MDR. When I buy a Coke I get the can and the cup and never a stale soda. Go figure. Maybe it's a Diet Coke problem.

Archived