Dive Excursions Western Caribbean???

CruisinJazz

I will be sailing on Carnival Legend in September which will be my second cruise. WooHoo! First cruise on Victory got me hooked! Anyways, I'm looking for the best place to dive. I'm not seeing much information on dive excursions. Anyone have suggestions? Any other excursions anyone would recommend? We will be porting: Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay Roatan and Grand Cayman. Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks! :)

On our last cruise my husband did the ship excursion in Roatan which uses Anthony's Key Resort I believe, and he had a great dive. Our best dive so far was in Grand Turk, which was amazing and he said it was comparable.

I've heard good things about Cozumel and Grand Cayman too... we usually use the ships excursions just for convenience, so I don't have a lot to pass on about dive operators. I think it's a good itinerary though... Check out the scuba and snorkeling board here on cruise critic and search your destinations... they usually have some good information!

I've done diving (both when coming off a cruise ship, and on an island vacation with family) with Scuba Tony in Cozumel several times. He is wonderful, safe, and a ton of fun. I believe you can google his name and be directed to his web site. With the currents in Cozumel, you really get to cover a lot of space on your dive. Have fun! :)

~pugmommy

I did the 2-tank Cozumel trip through Carnival last trip. Price was reasonable and the guides/divemasters were nice enough. Diving was ok- reef dives to about 60' and 40'. Fun and easy.

I don't know how safe they were though. I left my PADI card and logbook at home by accident. I offered to give them my information so they could look it up. All PADI shops can access this information. They didn't bother. Seems as long as I could put together my own gear, they could care less if I killed myself.

I did the 2-tank Cozumel trip through Carnival last trip. Price was reasonable and the guides/divemasters were nice enough. Diving was ok- reef dives to about 60' and 40'. Fun and easy.

I don't know how safe they were though. I left my PADI card and logbook at home by accident. I offered to give them my information so they could look it up. All PADI shops can access this information. They didn't bother. Seems as long as I could put together my own gear, they could care less if I killed myself.

:eek::eek::eek:

wowsa's, that is a little scary...

I will be sailing on Carnival Legend in September which will be my second cruise. WooHoo! First cruise on Victory got me hooked! Anyways, I'm looking for the best place to dive. I'm not seeing much information on dive excursions. Anyone have suggestions? Any other excursions anyone would recommend? We will be porting: Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay Roatan and Grand Cayman. Any and all suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks! :)

Two years ago I spent a week at Anthony's Key Resort. Great dive op, great diving. Cozumel is still number one in my book after diving multiple places in the Caribbean.

This is who I use in Cozumel to dive with.http://www.bluextseadiving.com/

Great op, small boats, none of the usual cruise ship cattle boat stuff. They will take care of you. Sorry can not help with Belize as I will only dive there via live aboard dive trip. Grand Cayman is on my list of places to get to soon.

This will be out second Legend cruise, DH did a beginners in Cozumel, he has his PADI, but was with a non certified friend, but he got to use his camera, He had a great time swimming with fish. This time we are exploring near port snorkel sites(so I can go too:)) I would suggest posting your questions under Dive information. I think it is under topics=the pro's seem to post there:) Hope you have a great cruise. Mathmatically I can't figure out which date you are leaving, if it's the 9th come join our roll call.

Archived