How early can we board?

grozas

We are booked on the Magic in July. We are not VIP. We have a regular inside cabin. How early can we board?

Were booked July 1st on Magic. I planned to try and get the family at the terminal by 10 AM.

Hopefully it works out.

Were booked July 1st on Magic. I planned to try and get the family at the terminal by 10 AM.

Hopefully it works out.

That is my plan too. We are about 3 hours away so I want to leave the house by 7. Of course, w/ my troop will probably be 7:30....because my DH will want "just 5 more minutes of sleep". blah! I will be up at 3:30 am ready to go!

I don't want to push the limits, but what is the latest time you can get to the port to board?
The latest you can board the ship is 2:30pm, as Carnival needs to get full passenger manifest to Homeland Security 90 minutes before sailing.

If I was you, I'd plan to get to the ship as early as you can. You don't want to miss sail away!

We are booked July 1st too. We live about 1/2 hour from the port so the drive is no big deal. Guess we will try to get there around 10am.

Several years ago we did the esctasy and they were pretty firm about no one arriving at the port before 1pm.

We are booked July 1st too. We live about 1/2 hour from the port so the drive is no big deal. Guess we will try to get there around 10am.

Several years ago we did the esctasy and they were pretty firm about no one arriving at the port before 1pm.

I can't imagine who told you 1pm. I've sailed out of Galveston 12 times in the past 6 years and I've never arrived at the pier later than 10:30. And now the Magic has even started boarding earlier.

Last week I got to the pier around 10am and we were on the ship just after 11......unfortunately even though they are trailing having the cabins ready by 11, that was not the case that day and it was still 1:30 before we could get to our cabins.

I can't imagine who told you 1pm. I've sailed out of Galveston 12 times in the past 6 years and I've never arrived at the pier later than 10:30. And now the Magic has even started boarding earlier.

Last week I got to the pier around 10am and we were on the ship just after 11......unfortunately even though they are trailing having the cabins ready by 11, that was not the case that day and it was still 1:30 before we could get to our cabins.

Same here. We always arrive around 10 am and are planning the same in October. I want to be on board, relaxing and eating lunch as soon as possible.

What time do they start serving lunch? :)

I don't think they ever stop serving. They have breakfast for those getting off and I think they just go straight into lunch from there. I've never gotten on a ship that was not already serving on the Lido deck.

I don't think they ever stop serving. They have breakfast for those getting off and I think they just go straight into lunch from there. I've never gotten on a ship that was not already serving on the Lido deck.

The buffet was available around 11, but the burgers and pizza weren't open until noon...

Archived