Cosol vs Spencer Ambrose

Shininghalo1

Sorry I don't remember the exact times as it's been a few years since our visit. Seems like a half hour or so afer the ship docked we were on one of his vans on our way. Maybe someone more recently on the tour can elaborate...

We also had Cosol tours and I think it was something like 30 minutes after the ship docked

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you all for the reviews...I was looking at Cosol's site and noticed he had no beach time at all (I swear there was an hour or so before....but I could be wrong) so I think we're going to try and go with Spencer. I've heard AMAZING things about Cosol, but it just seems like an awful lot of driving in one day.....

My husband and I have been in the same quandary trying to decide which tour to take- Cosol or Spencer. I thought I too saw the beach time on Cosol's website but now it isn't there.

So I think we will too will go with Spencer. Now to decide to tour the whole island with a little beach time or just go to Jealousie Beach only with Spencer? Decisions, Decisions! :rolleyes:

We are going with Cosol since we really want to see some of the island as well as get some beach time. And when we looked at the rest of the things we planned for the cruise, we realized that we'll be getting in plenty of beach and snorkeling time in the other ports.

My husband and I have been in the same quandary trying to decide which tour to take- Cosol or Spencer. I thought I too saw the beach time on Cosol's website but now it isn't there.

So I think we will too will go with Spencer. Now to decide to tour the whole island with a little beach time or just go to Jealousie Beach only with Spencer? Decisions' date=' Decisions! :rolleyes:[/quote']

You also have to choose if you would rather take Spencer's island tour on a bus or the Jalouise Beach Break tour aboard a speedboat

So I think we will too will go with Spencer. Now to decide to tour the whole island with a little beach time or just go to Jealousie Beach only with Spencer? Decisions' date=' Decisions! :rolleyes:[/quote']

You also have to choose if you would rather take Spencer's island tour on a bus or the Jalouise Beach Break tour aboard a speedboat

or decide if you would like to tour the island by van and return by speedboat on Spencer's Land & Sea Adventure. So many decisions! :confused:

Actually we had the same dilemnia when we booked our port excursion in 2009. I really wanted an island tour which included a stop at Jalousie Beach and could not find that mentioned on Cosol's website, so we booked the West Coast Island Tour with Spencer. We had no regrets booking with Spencer. He was a fantastic guide and really stood out from all the other tour operators we had ever encountered. Last summer we visited St. Lucia on a land vacation and toured with Spencer again. Once more we had a wonderful experience with Spencer.

If you are interested to view our youtube video of our West Coast Island Delight Tour with Spencer Ambrose, click on the link below:

Both the Jalousie Beach and Spencer's Land & Sea Adventure offer a coastal tour which is incredible. Here are some photo's from our coastal tour with Spencer from last summer:

Passing under the Natural Bridge

IMG_3291.jpg

Seeing the Pitons from the Sea

IMG_0979.jpg

Visiting the Bat Cave in Soufriere. Yes, we did hear and see the bats!

IMG_0993-1.jpg

dz-Nice video & pics! What an outstanding day! Thanks for sharing :)

Those are many of the same places we visited on our island tour w/ Cosol. This coming April we are trying Spencer's Beach Break & just know it will be great given everyones positive comments

dz-Nice video & pics! What an outstanding day! Thanks for sharing :)

Those are many of the same places we visited on our island tour w/ Cosol. This coming April we are trying Spencer's Beach Break & just know it will be great given everyones positive comments

We just booked a tour with Cosol for our February cruise on Vision of the Seas. Here is the reply I received from my inquiry to him about his tour:

"

Hi

Yes i will be available. The tour fee is US $65 per person.

We will be leaving at 8:30am, we meet at 8:20am. As soon as you come off the ship you walk into the building right in front of you, where I will be standing with a sign "COSOL TOURS".

The tour is 5 to 6 hours. You only pay in cash at the end of the tour. We will be stopping every 10 mins for your "wow" photo moments. Entrance fees to the waterfall, volcano, botanical gardens and water taxi is included in the price.

We will be visiting the banana plantation where you will learn about its growth and taste them, fishing villages (Anse La-Raye and Canaries), also Marigot Bay where the movie Dr. Doolittle was filmed.

Then we will be stopping for breakfast where you can sample the local fish cakes, johnny cakes, coconut cakes, and different local fruits from the Island. We will be having a mobile bar with rum punch, local beer, water, soda. All eats and drinks are free.

Then we head down to Soufriere where you will have an overlook of the pitons. Then to the only drive-in Volcano in the world where you will be getting an informative guide to show you around.

From the volcano we will be going to the Toraille Waterfall for swimming.

Then to the Jalousie Beach between the pitons for swimming and snorkeling, where we will be taking the water taxi where you will enjoy unbelievable views of the coast. Please bring along your snorkeling gears, It is also available for rental.

After the beach we will be stopping for a drink and sample the local spice rum. Then we stop at the Botanical Gardens.

On the way back to the north we will be stopping for the best local hot bread and cheese. Our last stop will be 5 mins drive from Castries where you can do all your shopping for local souvenirs to take back home.

Bring along your camera and towels. Because of the small changing room at the beach you can wear you swimsuit under you garment to save time. If you have any more queries call me on my cell 1(758) 7196697 or visit my website at cosoltours.com. Thanking you in advance as I await your confirmation reply."

Hope this answers some of the questions I saw on here.

I think whoever you book, you will likely have a wonderful experience!

Archived