coral breeze manatee watch

jgraham625

Why not go snorkeling with Coral Breeze Tours ?

Belize is one of the best places to snorkel, along with Cozumel where it is done on the same reef system, I have read.

Look up their site for all of the info on this trip with an optional local lunch on caye Caulker.

Enjoy Belize.

Why not go snorkeling with Coral Breeze Tours ?

I'll tell you why not: because for $70 you only get to spend 45 minutes at the reef... and during that time you HAVE TO wear a freakin' life preserver! I'm not sure about you, but I outgrew water wings when I was 4 years old! You may love it and do it twice a year, but trust me, for experienced snorkelers this would be a miserable trip! I really hope they give you some sort of kickback for all the promotion you give them. I'm just sayin' ;)

Armedaneian, you are right on! Back from a trip with Coral Breeze 2 weeks ago and very poor excursion especially if you are an experienced snorkeller. But, you can also just take the water taxi to Caye Caulker and hire a local boat to take you out to the reef and do your own thing, cheaper & you get to do it your way.

We did this tour a few years back...not impressed at all with Coral Breezes. The snorkeling was pretty bad, Caye Caulker pretty boring unless you just want to sit and drink, and the manatee watch was almost an afterthought. We saw a few manatees, but it was not impressive...every once in a while they would stick their nose out of the water and breathe..otherwise just a brown form floating in the water...

Just a thought; but, if your cruise ship is going to Cozumel you may want to look up Chankanaab park. We did the swim with the manatees there and it was great. There was a small group of us and we got to spend 2 hours swimming, feeding, and playing with the manatees. We took a taxi there from the pier and for only $59 we got admission to the park and the swim with the manatees. The park also has nice gardens and an average beach (the snorkeling is not good). If you decide to do this excursion, I recommend wearing an old swim suit because the life preservers "reek" and your swimsuit will smell really bad afterwards! I actually had to use "stink out" (for wetsuits) to get the smell out of my swimsuit. But, it was a great experience and we took lots of our own pictures.

Archived