Trying to compare nassau resorts...did I get this right???

SullyMamma

So I hae been reading hundreds of your posts trying to figure out the best way to spen our day in Nassau without spending a fortune. We have little ones.

So in my mind heres what I am thinking I know about these 3 resorts.....

1) British Colonial Histon - Gorgeous but kind of laid back and quiet, not best place for an unquiet family!!!

2) Wyndham - Not a great stretch of beach, but I can buy an excursion here thru Carnival with transportation and lunch, and you are allowed use of Sheraton (next door????)

3) Sheraton - Day passes $25 pp get to use facilites, nice stretch of beach swim up bar good for kids. Carnival does not offer excursion here so I will need to arrange transportation on my own.

Did I get this right? I think Sheraton is best choice, any idea why Carnival does not offer excursion and transporatation if they do it to the resort next door???

Id appreciate any help/advice

TIA

Vanessa

Isn't Carnival offering the Wyndham for $90? And isn't it only $40 if you walk up yourself? Plus if you do it yourself you can stay there longer than the Carnival excursion while saving $50. You can take the Jitney for I believe $1.25 each way and save loads of money.

So I hae been reading hundreds of your posts trying to figure out the best way to spen our day in Nassau without spending a fortune. We have little ones.

So in my mind heres what I am thinking I know about these 3 resorts.....

1) British Colonial Histon - Gorgeous but kind of laid back and quiet, not best place for an unquiet family!!!

2) Wyndham - Not a great stretch of beach, but I can buy an excursion here thru Carnival with transportation and lunch, and you are allowed use of Sheraton (next door????)

3) Sheraton - Day passes $25 pp get to use facilites, nice stretch of beach swim up bar good for kids. Carnival does not offer excursion here so I will need to arrange transportation on my own.

Did I get this right? I think Sheraton is best choice, any idea why Carnival does not offer excursion and transporatation if they do it to the resort next door???

Id appreciate any help/advice

TIA

Vanessa

I will just add that the Radisson at Our Lucaya was wonderful!!!! It was only $15 each for a day pass. That allowed access to all their facilities. They have tons of water sports for extra $. We went parasailing for $60 each and it was amazing!!! Plenty of beach chairs, nice pools, lots to do. Plus it is right across the street from shopping at Port Lucaya and the straw market.

I will just add that the Radisson at Our Lucaya was wonderful!!!! It was only $15 each for a day pass. That allowed access to all their facilities. They have tons of water sports for extra $. We went parasailing for $60 each and it was amazing!!! Plenty of beach chairs, nice pools, lots to do. Plus it is right across the street from shopping at Port Lucaya and the straw market.

The radisson at Our Lucaya is on Grand Bahama Island (Freeport).. this thread is about Nassau... about 100 miles away.

Of course, this is good information for those looking for a day pass in Freeport.

Archived