Allure 02/26/12 - 03/04/12 Western Review

Day 1

This was our 2nd time on an Oasis Class Ship. We were just on Oasis back in November and couldn’t wait to try Allure after the great experience we had on Oasis. Allure didn’t let us down this was a great cruise and the weather was perfect. We booked this cruise 5 days prior to sailing and because of this we were unable to book shows and specialty restaurants. We were able to order Unlimited Digital & Prints prior to sailing for $349 and left with just over 100 pictures and the disc containing the digital images. In addition to all the pictures I took with my Nikon D90 & D50 as well as a Canon S95.

We left the Orlando Area around 9:30 Sunday morning and arrived in Fort Lauderdale around 1:45 PM. We quickly unloaded the van and then parked it next to the port. The boarding process was quick and easy just like last November. This is something Royal Caribbean has figured out and mastered with the Oasis Class at this Terminal.

Once onboard we found our cabin and left the cameras and computers in there. Our first stop was the Nursery where we registered our 1 ½ year old and then off to Adventure Ocean where we registered our 4 year old for the programs. My wife then took the girls into the Royal Babies & Royal Tots Play Area while I went and booked our shows and specialty restaurants we couldn’t book online.

I then returned to them in the play area and we went to the Windjammer for some lunch prior to the Lifeboat Drill. After the Lifeboat Drill we then went to the Aqua Theater for the DreamWorks Sail Away Party.

We then went to Dinner on Deck 5 for My Time Dining. After dinner we were tired, the girls were tired and acting up so we just went to bed early.

We wanted to do Choice Dining but were unable to since you have to use the first restaurant the first night of the cruise. The problem is for some reason they decide not to have the Nursery or Adventure Ocean in session the first night of the cruise and instead have continued registration and open house of the area. The programs don’t start until day 2 of the cruise. For those of you with young kids this is a problem since you don’t want to bring them to Chops. I think it is just a waste not to have the programs going right after you leave port. Our 4 year old wanted to go and didn’t understand why she couldn’t until the next day.

Cruise Planner Allure 02/26/12-03/04/12

Allure-Cruise-Planner-Page1-XL.jpg

Allure-Cruise-Planner-Page-2-XL.jpg

Allure-Cruise-Planner-Page-3-XL.jpg

Allure-Cruise-Planner-Page-4-XL.jpg

The kids programs on RCCL are great. This was the 8th cruise for our 4 year old and 4th cruise for our 1 1/2 year old.

They are both asking when the next cruise is. What most people don't realize is they have so much onboard for kids of all ages and even for the younger ones.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

The kids programs on RCCL are great. This was the 8th cruise for our 4 year old and 4th cruise for our 1 1/2 year old.

They are both asking when the next cruise is. What most people don't realize is they have so much onboard for kids of all ages and even for the younger ones.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

I have been on RC before without kids and kind of sort of saw a few things the kids got to do. This is the first time bringing the kids. They are older (17,15,11) and at that age where they plan to ditch the parents at the first opportunity lol

Looking forward to more! Of course we are about 15 years ahead of you in the kds dept, so it will be a little different. That's good that you mention the bug about the dining plan and kids program; for those with young kids you could book online and then be stuck:eek:

I'm also curious how you did booking shows onboard? It's something lots of people fret over, and I wonder if you got all your first choices!

Thanks for the post. The fam is going on Allure next year and the kids are already salivating and can't wait to go!

I have a question maybe someone could answer. My daughter by the time of the cruise will be 11 and turning 12 a month after the cruise. Her cousin who will already be 12 is coming with us. My daughter is concerned that because she is 11 and not quite 12 she will have to "hang with the babies" while her cousin is able to be hang with the teens (and my son who is 15). Does RC make any type of exceptions to the age limit if a child is pretty close to the age set?

countdown.pl?image=vfin&name=&date=4-28-2013&text=&ship=Allure of the Seas

This question has been asked many times on this board (including YT!!)

The answer seems to be that on the first night you have to try the age group you belong to. After that, you have choice to switch if you are only couple of months away but once changed, you can not return to your original group.

Most report that kid ends up preferring the original group.

Reading the compass posted, you wil notice the age group is not really "with babies" but 8-11 with activities listed vs general semi-supervised group of teens - many as old as 17.

Looking forward to more! Of course we are about 15 years ahead of you in the kds dept, so it will be a little different. That's good that you mention the bug about the dining plan and kids program; for those with young kids you could book online and then be stuck:eek:

I'm also curious how you did booking shows onboard? It's something lots of people fret over, and I wonder if you got all your first choices!

I do think RCCL needs to look at why they don't have the kids program going on the first night of the cruise both from the revenue side and also the guest side of the issue. How many people have signed up for Choice Dining online and then had a problem when they discover the kids program isn't available on night 1?

I figured we would have issues with the shows since we booked 5 days out from sailing and couldn’t book anything. I was amazed when I took the TV Remote and was able to book everything except the DreamWorks Breakfasts for the girls. In the end I was able to book 2 out 3 of the DreamWorks Breakfasts.

Day 2

We started off with the Windjammer for breakfast with the girls and then went up to the open play area for Royal Babies & Royal Tots so the girls could play. We then went to the Promenade for the DreamWorks Parade.

20120229-Jeff-D90-AllureCruise-X3.jpg

20120229-Jeff-D90-AllureCruise-X2.jpg

20120229-Jeff-D90-AllureCruise-L.jpg

After the Parade we went to lunch in the Windjammer again. After lunch we went down to the Boardwalk. They do have this neat play area next to Rita's that both girls loved with a slide.

20120229-Jeff-D90-AllureCruise-XL.jpg

My oldest daughter wanted to head to Adventure Oceans where she stayed the rest of the day and had dinner with the other kids. After signing her in I went down to Park Café for a Roast Beef Sandwich and salad.

At 5:30 I brought my 1 ½ year old daughter up and checked her in the nursery. They do charge $8 an hour but it is very well worth it. If you have them there by 6PM they will also eat with the others in the nursery.

We then went to My Time Dining and then after dinner we went to Ice Games which was excellent. After the show we picked the girls up and brought them down to the Boardwalk to the Carousel and then to bed.

Archived