Sandals?

DJC111

On our Marina cruise, one female passenger wore the following on various nights:

o a perwinkle blue silk cocktail dress that had a wreath of stiffened silk loops along the neckline and over one shoulder. (The dress must have required an entire suitcase of its own to accommodate the volume.) The elevator carried two fewer people any time the cruiser rode the elevator that night.

o a red velvet dress with styling details including a leg of mutton sleeve. Very Charles Dickens. The outfit was finished with a red velvet hat.

o a nude colored chiffon shift. Applied to the nude fabric were large sparkly black paillettes forming the shape of a bikini.

o a mermaid shaped dress -- including train -- that was so tight at the knees the wearer needed assistance walking. The black color fabric was covered with silver paillettes, especially in the front.

Well, that says it all!

On our Marina cruise, one female passenger wore the following on various nights:

o a perwinkle blue silk cocktail dress that had a wreath of stiffened silk loops along the neckline and over one shoulder. (The dress must have required an entire suitcase of its own to accommodate the volume.) The elevator carried two fewer people any time the cruiser rode the elevator that night.

o a red velvet dress with styling details including a leg of mutton sleeve. Very Charles Dickens. The outfit was finished with a red velvet hat.

o a nude colored chiffon shift. Applied to the nude fabric were large sparkly black paillettes forming the shape of a bikini.

o a mermaid shaped dress -- including train -- that was so tight at the knees the wearer needed assistance walking. The black color fabric was covered with silver paillettes, especially in the front.

Such outfits fit most cruisers' definition of overdressed. Did it matter? Only to the extent that if you don't want to be the topic of conversation, you might want to avoid packing equivalent clothes.

Hard to imagine anyone remembering details like this and harder to imagine that anyone would care.:rolleyes:

Hard to imagine anyone remembering details like this and harder to imagine that anyone would care.:rolleyes:

That's what makes the world an interesting place. Some of us have strong visual capability and easily and accurately remember details of memorable sights. Others, apparently you, have different strengths. But I would never be perplexed that someone has a strength I do not posess.

That's what makes the world an interesting place. Some of us have strong visual capability and easily and accurately remember details of memorable sights. Others, apparently you, have different strengths. But I would never be perplexed that someone has a strength I do not posess.

I think your vivid memory is extraordinary and you describe these outfits so well I can visualize them. I got a kick out of the story. We all have different strengths and interests.

Archived