Is there a Modernos on Jewel?

Postman1963

I'm on the Jewel in April. I've already pre-paid for the Moderno. So, YES, it is on the Jewel as of March 24th (not quite sure of the date). You can call and make reservations. You do have to pre-pay when you make the reservations.

Yes, it's coming VERY soon. Just off the Gem where it was added during the 3/4 cruise/up and running by the last few days of it and running for our entire 3/11 cruise. Our Moderno Maitre 'd mentioned that the Jewel was next to be "converted" and that it would be complete before the end of March - he did not have a specific date tho.

Great food, interesting concept - come hungry and don't fill up on the salad bar (even tho it's appealing). I was surprised at what I liked best - the chicken was amazingly good (exceptionally tender and wow flavor). :)

My wife and I are going on the repo cruise from LA to Vancouver in May and I see that this restaurant is listed on the website but there is no price for it.

Is it really there?

AJ

We just got off the Jewel on 3/17 and it was supposed to be up and running on 3/19 but they are not getting the oven on board until they are in port Canaveral (that would be today I believe) and it's supposed to officially be open 3/24. Enjoy !

My wife and I are booked on the Jewel for this coming November, and this would be a terrific addition to that ship ... will be curious what the $$ add on will be, but as long as it's "within reason", I can see us going there one night.

Michael

My wife and I are booked on the Jewel for this coming November, and this would be a terrific addition to that ship ... will be curious what the $$ add on will be, but as long as it's "within reason", I can see us going there one night.

Michael

$20/person

You're welcome! I wish I spoke Russian! My son is adopted from Russia

A small world ... my wife and I adopted our daughter from Guatemala. When we originally started the process, we were considering Russia but that program was extremely "hit or miss", so we went over to what was *then* a more stable program.

Bottom line, we are both very fortunate families, right?

Michael

A small world ... my wife and I adopted our daughter from Guatemala. When we originally started the process, we were considering Russia but that program was extremely "hit or miss", so we went over to what was *then* a more stable program.

Bottom line, we are both very fortunate families, right?

Michael

Right! :D We are in process for China now for our second as Russia is having lots of issues right now. :(

Right! :D We are in process for China now for our second as Russia is having lots of issues right now. :(

Best of luck for an uneventful and successful adoption ... ! From what we've learned from others, there's nothing like the feeling when you're on your flight to Guangzhou with your child for the Visa Interview at the US Consulate. From there, an easy trip over the border to Hong Kong, and then home back to the States!

Michael

Best of luck for an uneventful and successful adoption ... ! From what we've learned from others, there's nothing like the feeling when you're on your flight to Guangzhou with your child for the Visa Interview at the US Consulate. From there, an easy trip over the border to Hong Kong, and then home back to the States!

Michael

Yep!! and 1 trip for 10-14 days is A LOT better than 2 trips 30+ days in Russia in the dead of winter :eek:

Archived