Banned from the Queen's Room?

TnTnFlorida

Planning first Cunnard voyage, which will be a transatlantic sailing. My DH and I are avid ballroom dancers and are looking forward to nightly dancing. Today a friend advised us to make sure we booked a high enough class cabin, as the lower classes are not allowed in the ballroom. I can't find this information anywhere, and think she is mistaken. Can someone enlighten me?:confused:

Perhaps your friend was thinking about the Queens Grill Lounge, as this is for grill guests only. However, the Queens Grill Lounge is just a lounge with a bar and there is no dancing in that room.

The ballroom dancing takes place in the Queens Room and it is open to all passengers.

Perhaps your friend was thinking about the Queens Grill Lounge, as this is for grill guests only. However, the Queens Grill Lounge is just a lounge with a bar and there is no dancing in that room.

The ballroom dancing takes place in the Queens Room and it is open to all passengers.

Thanks so much. That was the conclusion I had come to as well, but nice to have it confirmed! :)

Dear TnTnFlorida,

yes the Queens Room ist open to all passangers however beawere of the orchestra they do not play in dancing rhythm! They change the beat during a dance and the musicans always do long solos etc.

Dennis

Dear TnTnFlorida,

Yes the Queens Room is open to all passangers however be aware of the orchestra they do not play in dancing rhythm! They change the beat during a dance and the musicans always do long solos etc.

Dennis

Dancers have been complaining about this since 2004 but it doesn't seem to have made any difference. Cunard have the best ballroom, pity they don't know how to play correct dance tempos!

Heresay that John Lavelle is not a good singer??? We were on the world cruise and listened to him for over 3 months, he was fine. A change half-way during the world cruise would have been nice, but he does a good enough job. Yes, the orchestra's music isn't always the best dance tempo, but luckily recorded music played during their breaks makes up for it.

Dear TnTnFlorida,

yes the Queens Room ist open to all passangers however beawere of the orchestra they do not play in dancing rhythm! They change the beat during a dance and the musicans always do long solos etc.

Dennis

We have found this is often the case when we are dancing to live music! That's OK. We are excited to be on a ship with a floor big enough to do a smoth dance at all!!!! LOL! :D

All "public rooms " are open to all. However I have heard of passengers being asked not to return, but that was becasuse they behaved badly and caused problems for other passengers.

Believe that this happened in Commodore Room on QV Feb 28-March 16th cruise (though I did not see it for myself. Also happened on QM last year.

No one is ever banned because they have the "wrong grade of cabin" I should know since I normally book D8/7 and you cannot get lower than that unless you travel in the bilges. (joke)

Once outside your cabin no one will know which cabin/deck you are on unless you tell them.

Have fun

Archived