pool lounge chairs on Allure

Are there alot of pool lounge chairs on the pool decks? On every cruise I have ever been on it seems like people wake up early to go save chairs by putting magazines or something on them and then never return to them all day. Then the people like myself who like to sleep in on vacations can never find open chairs. :( Just wondering if anybody had a hard time on Allure getting a chair. Does the crew do a good job of removing the used towels off of chairs so they are available for others?

Thanks!

This phenomenom isn't just a "cruise ship" thing....folks will do it at resorts, too....aggravating!

Usually, we go up a deck from the pool level....it's less crowded and a bit more quiet. If you see a block of chairs decked out in towels and they obviously haven't been used, ask the folks sitting in that area if anyone is using those chairs....if they say no, get the pool attendant to remove the offending items.

We don't like being right next to the pool...it's noisy and the chairs are so close together, you have to climb into the lounger from the foot.....not the most graceful way to sit, especially in your bathing suit!

On Allure, there are so many things to do and places to be, you shouldn't have a problem.

Are there alot of pool lounge chairs on the pool decks? On every cruise I have ever been on it seems like people wake up early to go save chairs by putting magazines or something on them and then never return to them all day. Then the people like myself who like to sleep in on vacations can never find open chairs. :( Just wondering if anybody had a hard time on Allure getting a chair. Does the crew do a good job of removing the used towels off of chairs so they are available for others?

Thanks!

What you are observing is the phenomenom of the "chair hogs". Chair hogs do exactly as you mention and technically this is not allowed per the rules of the cruise line. If you see "hogged" chairs just speak to a pool attendant and have them remove the "hogging" items.

Archived