Celebrity MBNA American Express Card

gary

We charged our final payment of our November 20 TC cruise. So we now will have over 12000 points, so I want to phone MBNA to get 2 $50 certificates for onboard credit for the cruise. So I phoned MBNA to see if I pay it off today, do my points show up tomorrow so I can cash it in? They stated it will be the billing date of 10/2/05 & show by 10/7/05. They then guy states about it being for my next booked cruise through my TA or Celebrity. I told him it was for our next sail 11/20/05. He stated it has to be redeemed BEFORE FINAL PAYMENT!

HUH????

Macop, that's not accurate. That's true when you're using it as a discount on the cruise, but if you want shipboard credit you can absolutely do it after final payment.

I know because I used mine after. Did you go to the MBNA Rewards site? It's www.mbnarewards.com. I have already gotten my confirmation of the shipboard credits for our 10/23 cruise and I ordered them well after final payment. After all, I used the credits I'd gotten from that payment!

So that guy is wrong! And that's a good thing:D

I never believe even some of the Captains Club folks if I am not talking to NOELLE, who has serviced me for 3 years and if she doesn't know the correct answer will call me back with. She even tells me "I hate when people are blown off with a half *ssed answer".

She told me I am made final payent & do not cruise for 2 months, so when I get the points the first week of October, I just call get the #'s for 2 $50 certs & then call her with the numbers & I will have an email confirming the $100 extra. Then to do the same for May's Alaska cruise for however much we have.

She stated that was MBNA who listed it that way not "X". I asked her if changes will come when B of A takes over "X" VISA. They were told NO. And she stated that B of A gives better perks, so we'll see.

Macop, that's not accurate. That's true when you're using it as a discount on the cruise, but if you want shipboard credit you can absolutely do it after final payment.

I know because I used mine after. Did you go to the MBNA Rewards site? It's www.mbnarewards.com. I have already gotten my confirmation of the shipboard credits for our 10/23 cruise and I ordered them well after final payment. After all, I used the credits I'd gotten from that payment!

So that guy is wrong! And that's a good thing:D

Sorry for a double thread (did not see this thread until after I posted the new one)

above, MBNA Celebrity Card: confusing.

When I went to X website the only card they show is AMEX. Where does one apply for the Celebrity Rewards VISA card?

Hope someone on this thread can answer my questions re the different types of cards, ie Sunrise, Silver, Capt Club Sunrise, Capt Club Silver.

Grace

Grace, if you go to this site: Celebrity Credit Card and scroll down you will see it states "The Celebrity RewardsSM Visa® Card from MBNA is also available, Click here to apply".

However, be aware that it does not offer the exact same benefit. You only get 2500 points the first time you use it as opposed to 5000 with the Amex.

Heather: I just got on the site and did access the Celebrity Rewards Visa info, however, again there are 4 types of cards to choose from and I don't know which one would be preferred, or what advantages one has over the other?

Grace

When I had trouble doing the application online, I phoned MBNA & a great gal just zoomed thru it. Then she asked which VISA I preferred & I told her they have 4 cards listed one is Captains Club which we are ELITE status with. She explained that VISA is Silver or Sunrise. They also have AMEX which are the Captains Club Silver & Sunrise, which has nothing to do with any level of CC status for sailing. I found that name quite stupid.

So if you want VISA get the sunrise, the one in the ad, as it is very easy to find in a crowded wallet. I also have RCCL VISA for RCCL cruises such as FOS which we booked for Oct '06 & that has the ship & jet ski on it for another fast find. And if you like AMEX, which I already have Delta SkyMiles card with them for flights to Hawaii every February, so we don't need 2.

Any other questions? Hope I helped

Heather: I just got on the site and did access the Celebrity Rewards Visa info, however, again there are 4 types of cards to choose from and I don't know which one would be preferred, or what advantages one has over the other?

Grace

Archived