Circle C thread for kids?

Gemynii

I was just wondering if anyone else would consider it a good idea to start a thread for kids who will be in the different Carnival clubs here on CC so that they can meet before cruising. I know that there is something similar on the Carnival site, but it doesn't get many replies. My DD is 12 and will be going to Circle C for our first cruise, but I'm afraid that she may not like it or be nervous about not knowing anyone when she gets there. I just thought that the kids of fellow CC members may enjoy a thread where they can get to know one another before that awkward 1st day. CC is listed as a family friendly site, so I would have no problem with my DD starting an account on here. Any ideas or comments?

~Kim~

Don't know if I would do this on a open forum! Private email/fb so mom and dad can keep an eye on whats going on/being said/plans while on the ship. On a forum, your not a 100% sure of who is replying and what there intentions may be!

Don't know if I would do this on a open forum! Private email/fb so mom and dad can keep an eye on whats going on/being said/plans while on the ship. On a forum, your not a 100% sure of who is replying and what there intentions may be!

I can actually keep a closer eye on what's being said on here than on an email. If the kids haven't met yet, I definitely wouldn't want them exchanging email addresses... and false information could be given on Facebook as well (age isn't verified). Maybe if the kids listed their parent's CC user name when posting?

~Kim~

in my opinion, asking kids to meet other kids is just asking for trouble, but i can tell you, when i was on carnival (though i was 16 at the time not 12) but still, i did have lots of fun in my age group club! i was on a cruise with 35 of my extended family members, and we all fell into many different age groups, 3-70 years! everyone had a fabulous time on carnival!

There is a "Family Cruise" board on CC, but it usually covers the under 5 age group. I think it would be nice to have a forum for the older children, but I also understand the concern. I do try and post updates as my child moves through the age groups. She is now in the Camp Carnival 9-11 group.

I just figured that since everyone was reporting how their kids were hanging out with their "new" friends that they met at the clubs, that this would give them more of an opportunity to see what they have in common. I guess I'm not understanding how it's OK for them to sign themselves out of the club and hang out on the ship together but not OK to talk and get to know each other on here where the parents could constantly supervise what is being said and discussed. Have patience with me... this is our first cruise so I've never been through this situation before. :)

~Kim~

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I think the best thing to do is start a roll call for the youngsters on each particular sailing, or at least have the parents set something up on each sailing for them to meet.

I think the best thing to do is start a roll call for the youngsters on each particular sailing, or at least have the parents set something up on each sailing for them to meet.

Maybe allow them to post on the roll call for the sailing that already exists... which hopefully their parents are subscribed to anyways?

~Kim~

Maybe allow them to post on the roll call for the sailing that already exists... which hopefully their parents are subscribed to anyways?

~Kim~

This would seem safer to me. Our children have always meet up at the kids clubs the first night/next day...never spent much time their because the few friends they did meet on the first day seemed to hang together the whole cruise! Mom and dad just didn't like the 6am..."is Brittany up yet calls in the am"!!:eek:

Hope you guys have a wonderful cruse!

This would seem safer to me. Our children have always meet up at the kids clubs the first night/next day...never spent much time their because the few friends they did meet on the first day seemed to hang together the whole cruise! Mom and dad just didn't like the 6am..."is Brittany up yet calls in the am"!!:eek:

Hope you guys have a wonderful cruse!

My DD is shy when she gets around new people. I just don't want her standing in the shadows by herself because she doesn't know anyone.

6am calls would drive me crazy! Hopefully I won't have to deal with that.

I'm determined to have a wonderful cruise, so I know I will... I just hope DH and DD will as well.

~Kim~

Archived