Spring Into Summer Sale

CRUISE4JANE

I submitted for the lower price - $60 per person. Submitted about 2 hours ago and just got an email with the OBC! Checked my account and sure enough is there already. Woohoo!!

Anyone know if I can use OBC for Bon Voyage, or do you have to pay for that separately?

Got my credit today but I did not get an email confirmation from Carnival.

I got my email confirmation from Carnival showing the lower price a few hours after noticing on Manage My Cruise that my price went down. You probably will get yours also.:)

Apologies for the length, but hopefully this will help clarify some of the confusion on a couple of points being discussed.

Seems to me like people are confused about OBC vs price drop.

OBC would typically only apply if you have already made final payment(unless the new sale/rate specifically calls for OBC). Otherwise, they'll just reduce the final payment due by the amount of OBC you would have received had you already had final payment due date pass.

Either way (price drop or OBC), you get the same amount of $$$.

Also, people are saying "I'm being denied," and think they should get OBC by filling out the Price Protection form online. From Carnival's website: "Price Protection applies to Early Saver bookings only."

Some people are saying "I'm calling my PVP and he/she's giving it to me right on the spot." Calling your TA/PVP is necessary when you are not ES, but it also matters if you are past Final Payment Date (FPD) or not, as to whether or not you'll get any $$$ off (or OBC).

If you aren't ES, don't expect the Price Protection form to work.

So...there are two cases:

1) You are NOT past FPD

2) You are Past FPD

1) You are NOT past Final Payment Date (FPD):

It doesn't really doesn't matter how you are booked, but it does matter that you must qualify for the new "sale/rate" on the same ship/sailing/category/etc.

If you are booked on ES rate, then you submit a Price Protection form and have the final payment amount reduced.

If you are not booked on ES rate call your booking agent (TA/PVP) and if they say it has to be a "new booking," then tell them you want to cancel your booking and rebook. There is no penalty for canceling prior to FPD (unless you are ES, which we've already covered).

2) You are Past FPD:

If you are past FPD then it *does* matter if you are ES or not. (and it also still matters that you qualify for the new sale/rate.)

If you are ES, then you submit a Price Protection form and have OBC applied to your cabin (or upgrade if you choose).

If you are not ES, then you are not eligible for Price Protection. Game Over. That's the benefit of booking ES that you don't get with other rates once you are past FPD.

Also, on this particular sale there are a couple of choices for rates.

One is for past guests (*Up to* $100 off + free upgrade to highest category within class (inside->inside) *where available*).

The other is for anyone to use (*Up to* $200 off).

Be sure to also check for >55 and Resident and military rates when looking for better rates.

Again, you have to qualify for the rate in order for price drop/OBC to be applied.

Hope this helps.

GP

Your mileage may vary, but this is how it was explained to me by my PVP, and it matches with what I've read on the Carnival site and *mostly* on CC.

Feel free to correct me where you think I'm wrong. Won't hurt my feelings.

Perfect. Can't get any easier than that. WEEEEELLLLLLLL!!! I.m sure someone will try to twist it because they filled and it didn't work. LOL

GREAT EXPLANANTION! And yes Carnival's system works, if you let it.

Happy Cruiser with my OBC !

! And yes Carnival's system works, if you let it.

Actually that is not always true. I went over 12 days and had to call. Turns out my legit price drops were denied (no e-mails telling me so) because they said they could not find matching drops I submitted. Screenshots were not wanted. I was merely told to resubmit until I got the drops.

One person on the phone told me to just put in the price before taxes and fees, and another rep told me to put in the entire amount including taxes and fees. None of those drops went through even though the person on the phone found it, but she couldn't adjust it. Told me to resubmit (same info I was submitting before) and I did and that day I was approved. From my experience, the system did not work and consistency is not Carnivals strong point. (not a big deal its a budget cruise line so I expect budget level of professionalism)

Another question?? I'm not sure if we booked ES or not, our TA did everything for us & the other 2 cabins I booked for our kids back in Jan. I did go ahead and submit the Form to Carnival this past Monday PM, & I got the e-mail saying they had received it, but so far I haven't heard anything else. Should I maybe contact my TA or just wait a few more days? :confused: Our cruise is coming up in May, just a 4 night.

Thanks for any info as I've never come across this before (we don't usually sail on Carnival).

Another question?? I'm not sure if we booked ES or not, our TA did everything for us & the other 2 cabins I booked for our kids back in Jan. I did go ahead and submit the Form to Carnival this past Monday PM, & I got the e-mail saying they had received it, but so far I haven't heard anything else. Should I maybe contact my TA or just wait a few more days? :confused: Our cruise is coming up in May, just a 4 night.

Thanks for any info as I've never come across this before (we don't usually sail on Carnival).

If in fact you did book ES and booked with a travel agent then your form will probably be denied since your travel agent is required to submit the form.

The way Carnival is though it could slip through the cracks and be approved. Time will tell.

Good luck.:)

Bill

Well i finally heard from them Said denied because they didnt do upgrades by email. Told me to call for upgrade. By upgrade on form it had no by obc had yes I had submitted the form & requested obc & the upgrade, which was just moving me 20 doors down the hall same everything. So I called. This Rep said since I was ES I couldnt get both upgrade & obc. I said ok then just give me the obc. She said cant you were denied. You have to resubmit form & just request obc. ( can we say run around) All I know is if I do a dummy booking I can book deluxe ov like mine midship for 1658 & I'm aft for 1778. Soo I resubmitted form. I also replied to the denial email as it said I could. And YES THATS DOUBLE REQUESTING!!! Slam me...Enjoy!

Since you booked ES, you definitely should get the price drop. When I fillled out the form, I checked OBC (because they had no spot for Credit Account) and did not check Upgrade. I did not make my final payment yet and did book ES also. If I were you I definitely would keep trying. Everyone seems to be getting it and I sure hope you do too. Good luck! Also, you can keep checking for price drops as people who book ES are eligible for price drops up until 2 days before cruise. :)

I got my price drop today, but I did something bad--resubmitted after two days when I hadn't heard back, even though you're supposed to wait 7-10 days. Flame away for bogging down the system. :rolleyes:

So many people here on CC were saying that they had heard back within hours, and others saying even after 10 days had heard nothing. I sail in 17 days. If I waited the expected 7-10 days to hear back, I'd be at 7-10 days before sailing to hear back, and if I still hadn't heard back and had to resubmit, I'd basically be up to cruise time. I first submitted early Tuesday morning, and resubmitted this morning. I got an approval 6 hours after this morning's submission. The amount fo OBC is not as much as I anticipated, because taxes went up, but I got about $60, and we all know that's several DODs! :D

Placed my requests in around 7am Tuesday for 9 different cabins, responses ($55 drop) started trickling in around 9am today. I got one deny (because I had put in the wrong amount), and I immediately checked to make sure the price was still there, and sent another request. Immediately after placing my request, I re-checked the mock booking price and it had increased already! I'm hoping that my request was received in time. If not, it's just one cabin.

I submitted the form for 2 cabins on Monday and heard back today for one of them and it was approved. A few minutes ago I checked the rates again and they are even cheaper then they were on Monday so I submitted again for the new lower price. BTW: We sail May 14th, Booked ES, we are after final payment, and requested OBC based on Spring Into Summer Sale.

WHOOOO HOOOOO Got approval about 9:30 tonight. I now have 300 OBC. But I saw the Spring into Summer sale has dropped lower so I put in for that tonight. I'm thrilled.

I am so glad for you :). I noticed you waited quite a while and that can be frustrating when you keep hearing a lot of posters were getting their price drops and you hadn't received yours :mad:. You did very well! You passed me up :eek: .I put another one in earlier today as the Spring into Summer Sale went down even more. Waiting on an approval for this price drop which will be #3 for me. We don't sail until July 1, so I may even get more surprises :D or maybe not :(, but I won't complain. So far I am saving $217.64..................anyone for drinks!

Archived