What to do in Cozumel

MrKrinkle

Hi,

My gf and I are going on a carnival cruise to grand cayman and cozumel in may. We plan on doing the island tour and stingray city snorkeling through Capt. Marvin in Grand Cayman. Now we just need to decide what to do in Cozumel. If we do the dolphin swim will that leave time for something else? we will be on the island from 11 to 8. I was looking at the mini scooter subs or maybe snuba, anyone have experience with those or perhaps other suggestions?

In Grand Cayman I would go on the Reef, Rays and Rum Point excursion through NativeWays....hands down the best excursion I have been on in ten cruises! You take a catamarn type boat to Stingray City, snorkel on a reef, and then go to Rum Point beach for a super yummy lunch and beach time. Besides renting a car, an excursion is the only way to get to Rum Point. Definitely my very favorite place out of all the Caribbean cruises we have been on. :D

We snuba'd in St. Thomas once. It was pretty cool. A good mix of snorkeling and scuba. I am not sure I want to get certified and my husband does so it was a compromise. Now he just wants to even more. I would think doing snuba in Grand Cayman or Cozumel would be awesome since both have such great reefs. If it is snorkeling you want, I hear the Palancar Reef in Cozumel is spectacular. The nice thing about Cozumel is you can just get off the ship and their are tour operators and boards with all kinds of shore excursion options on them and you could decide what you want to do when you get there (same in Grand Cayman). That way you could do what you feel like doing that day. Another option is to look on Trip Advisor and read the reviews of travelers that have been there. Just put in the place and hit the "things to do' tab and it will pull up all kinds of options ranked in order of the most popular. Lastly, if I were going to Cozumel on a Carnival ship, I would DIE to take the ship excursion on the Twister boat to Isle de Pasion. WOW! Looks like so much fun and gorgeous. I think its where they film the Corona commercials. You can only do this excursion through Carnival....I am SO bummed. It's almost enough to make me try a Carnival cruise....almost.;)

Hope that helps.

Kathy

We did the dolphin swim at 8:30, were finished, changed into dry clothes, and getting into a taxi at 11:00. Even with stopping at the pier so I could take our wet stuff back onto the ship we still managed to get to downtown with enough time to eat lunch at Pancho's Backyard and walk from there to the Hard Rock Cafe, stopping at a lot of shops along the way. From there grabbed a taxi back to the pier and were onboard with about an hour to spare before we sailed. I think the ship was in Coz about eight hours.

Archived