How would I get to Orient Beach?

Nickles

We're heading on our first cruise in May and I keep hearing about Orient Beach. How would we get there? Do I have to book an excursion? Or will there be taxis by the port to take us there?

Also, is there shopping close by? Restaurants? I know nothing about this place, but yet, everyone tells me I have to go there. Help??!!

We're heading on our first cruise in May and I keep hearing about Orient Beach. How would we get there? Do I have to book an excursion? Or will there be taxis by the port to take us there?

Also, is there shopping close by? Restaurants? I know nothing about this place, but yet, everyone tells me I have to go there. Help??!!

Yes as was said you can get a cab at the port to head to Orient Beach which is on the French side of the island. There is shopping in Marigot also on the French side but nothing right near Orient Beach. The better shopping in my opinion is in the town of Phillipsburg not far from the cruise port. Check the taxi rates posted elsewhere on this thread.

As mentioned, the way to get to Orient is by taxi.

If you're referring to Orient, there are a number of beach bar/restaurants available along the beach. We like Orange Fever. There are a number of small shops selling mostly beach wear clustered behind the bars down near Pedro's. There is also the Spice Lady there.

If you're talking about near the Cruise Facility, there are dozens of food/drink establishments to choose from all along the beachfront Boardwalk, and near 100 duty-free shops along Front and Back streets, with another dozen back at the Cruise Facility, itself.

gary

Archived