A few kid questions - CCL Splendour

jkeitch

This will be out 2nd cruise, but our first with kids. The last one was RCCL Freedom, this time CCL Splendour. Apparently a huge jump down for us from what I've read. It's still a cruise though, so we're excited.

I have a few kid/infant related questions.

1. Are bibs provided on the ship?

2. What about plastic plates/cups? Kid sized cutlery?

3. Should i bring my own bedding for the cribs?

4. Will housekeeping/kitchen staff wash any bottles that we may have?

5. Our son has medicine that NEEDS to be refrigerated. Any idea if this will be accommodated? Who should I talk to about this?

Thanks,

Justin

1. No

2. No

3. Not necessary, but up to you

4. No

5. There is a minibar/fridge in every cabin. Does not keep things super cold although if you leave the cabinet door open, it vents the heat better and keeps things colder. Otherwise, the medical center can keep it for you. EM

This will be out 2nd cruise, but our first with kids. The last one was RCCL Freedom, this time CCL Splendour. Apparently a huge jump down for us from what I've read. It's still a cruise though, so we're excited.

I have a few kid/infant related questions.

1. Are bibs provided on the ship?

2. What about plastic plates/cups? Kid sized cutlery?

3. Should i bring my own bedding for the cribs?

4. Will housekeeping/kitchen staff wash any bottles that we may have?

5. Our son has medicine that NEEDS to be refrigerated. Any idea if this will be accommodated? Who should I talk to about this?

Thanks,

Justin

I've been on Carnival, Princess and NCL and none of them had bibs, plastic plates/cups, kids cutlery or provide bottle washing service. I always brought disposable bibs and my own sippy or straw cups, which I then rinsed out myself.

They use regular sheets folded to size, so bring your own if you prefer.

I have travelled with medication before and you must contact the Special Needs department ahead of time regarding keeping medications cold.

We were on the Splendour and I really expected it to be a step down from what we were used to, but we had an amazing time as long as I kept my expectations in check and kept in mind what an amazing value the cruise is.

Enjoy!

Best,

Mia

Archived