Harrison Cave

benji

We are going on the Destiny the end of May and I must be going crazy - I thought that there was a shore excursion in Barbados to Harrison Cave. If there is I can not find it on the Carnival website - please help.

another update..

Spoke to someone who knows.. who told me that the original plan was to close at the end of this month.. which is why the cruise lines have taken this tour stop off their excursions list. The management of the caves re opened the caves until the end of May possibly even for June.. But they still have no set date as to the closing.

Re booking the cave tour, I understand that you should be able to do this on board the ships but not prebook via the internet booking procedures. The ships will be kept informed on a week by week basis as to the status of the caves opening or closing.

What is being done at Harrisons Cave?? Renovations. New Trams, a new visitor centre and a new parking lot. Could take 6mths, could take 1 year.

If I hear something definate, I'll let you know.

Sunniebgi:

Now that the prospect of visiting the caves is back in play, I wonder if you know how much it would cost for a cab from the ship to the cave, then back to downtown Bridgetown? (We've booked a snorkel excursion and we must be on the dock by 12:15)

Would again really appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
another update..

Spoke to someone who knows.. who told me that the original plan was to close at the end of this month.. which is why the cruise lines have taken this tour stop off their excursions list. The management of the caves re opened the caves until the end of May possibly even for June.. But they still have no set date as to the closing.

Re booking the cave tour, I understand that you should be able to do this on board the ships but not prebook via the internet booking procedures. The ships will be kept informed on a week by week basis as to the status of the caves opening or closing.

What is being done at Harrisons Cave?? Renovations. New Trams, a new visitor centre and a new parking lot. Could take 6mths, could take 1 year.

If I hear something definate, I'll let you know.

Thanks for the update

we have been to barbados 4 times and my personal view - im sure others have different thoughts - is that if I had a day in barbados I wouldnt spend it in a cave. We have visited harrison's cave and really its not fantastic, but if you do go, make sure you book a return taxi - the taxi drivers outside the cave can be quite aggressive and unhelpful. We ended walking quite a long way to get a bus. what to do instead? how about a jeep safari across the island and along the east coast - someone does one of these combined with a catamaran trip I think. hope this helps

Archived