Help - confused about day in Provence

jstroose1

We are docking in Marseilles and have hired a private guide. She has offered us so many different options I am thoroughly confused (we have never been here before):

1. a day in the mountain range of Luberon - visiting countryside, villages - possibly with stop at Sunday market of Isle sur la Sorgue

2. Start in Aix en Provence and end of up Cassis (she said that would be crowded on Sunday)

3. Avignon in the AM inc Palace of Popes, les Alpilles, and Les Baux (she said that would be crowded)

4. Aix en Provence and Luberon

5. The area of Les Alpilles (Les Baux, St. Remy, Eygalieres

They all sound wonderful - she said we don't have to decide now

Any suggestions?

My choise would be for #1 a day in the mountain range of Luberon - visiting countryside, villages - possibly with stop at Sunday market of Isle sur la Sorgue.

Try to visit: Bonnieux, Gordes, Oppede, Menerbes, Lacoste.

For more information, visit the site: http://www.luberonexperience.com/a-good-year/

Don't forget to have lunch in one of small bistros in these villages

My choise would be for #1 a day in the mountain range of Luberon - visiting countryside, villages - possibly with stop at Sunday market of Isle sur la Sorgue.

Try to visit: Bonnieux, Gordes, Oppede, Menerbes, Lacoste.

For more information, visit the site: http://www.luberonexperience.com/a-good-year/

Don't forget to have lunch in one of small bistros in these villages

Thanks for posting the link. Beautiful pictures!

We have booked a tour guide for our day in Provence in June. We are going to to spend the morning in Aix. It is a market day so we are looking forward to that. Not sure how much time we should allow for it. After that, I've been unable to decide how we should spend the rest of our time. Our ship sails early -- at 4pm -- so our time is pretty limited. Any suggestions on how to spend our time, or where to eat lunch? Our guide will have plenty of ideas for us, I'm sure, but I'd be interested in your opinion too.

Archived