Any recommendations on gold/quartz or gold

master_angler_dave

nugget jewelry retailers in Anchorage? Wife & I are taking our first trip to Alaska in July and will be in Anchorage for a couple of days as part of a 7 day cruise & 14 day land portion. Putting up with me really is a ordeal that should have some type of reward, and I'd like to pick up my DW something in gold quartz or nugget type jewelry. I've seen some info on the Alaska Mint & Fifth Avenue Jewelers, but am wondering if anyone can make any recommendations on places where they've found quality merchandise & competitive (for Anchorage) prices.

nugget jewelry retailers in Anchorage? Wife & I are taking our first trip to Alaska in July and will be in Anchorage for a couple of days as part of a 7 day cruise & 14 day land portion. Putting up with me really is a ordeal that should have some type of reward, and I'd like to pick up my DW something in gold quartz or nugget type jewelry. I've seen some info on the Alaska Mint & Fifth Avenue Jewelers, but am wondering if anyone can make any recommendations on places where they've found quality merchandise & competitive (for Anchorage) prices.

Awww... what a sweet gesture! She'll love it!:)

I often buy real Alaska nugget jewelry (my collection has increased in value over the decades.) Alaska nugget jewelry is sold by weight. All of the reputable jewerly sellers will have similar prices. Avoid the obvious tourist traps.

If a place doesn't feel right, walk out!

You are a sweetie!

I often buy real Alaska nugget jewelry (my collection has increased in value over the decades.) Alaska nugget jewelry is sold by weight. All of the reputable jewerly sellers will have similar prices. Avoid the obvious tourist traps.

If a place doesn't feel right, walk out!

You are a sweetie!

Good point, Penny. Gold has, and is likely to continue appreciating nicely, so along with it's intrinsic beauty is a wise purchase. After doing a little research I found the extremely high premium being charged for Alaskan gold & gold quartz jewelry is far beyond any normal markups in gold jewelry. But at the end of the day it is a wise choice in that you have a valuable keepsake to go along with the memories of your Alaskan vacation.

Archived