Rum tours in Barbados ??

rlanting

I read that a couple things about Rum factory tours, one said they had fun and another had not.

Can someone let me know the names of these tours??

Also a couple things, are they fun? how hard are they to get to and how much do they cost??

:) Thank you

• 2 weeks later...
I read that a couple things about Rum factory tours, one said they had fun and another had not.

Can someone let me know the names of these tours??

Also a couple things, are they fun? how hard are they to get to and how much do they cost??

:) Thank you

Has anyone checked out the Rum Tours ?? I found a couple of them on the Web but we do not want to waste our time if they are not very good??

Also can you buy cheap Rum at these tours.

Thanks everyone Randy :) :)

It's been a while since I've taken any of the Rum Tours, but I would either the Mount Gay or the Foresquare. Mount Gay is the oldest rum out there , and the Extra Old is my favorite. I think their tour might be better.. so I would suggest this one. Also close to the port as well.

Cheap Rum is relative.. you can buy cheap rum .. but would it be good??? Mount Gay Eclipse or Extra Old is very good. There is a White Rum made in Martinique that is good as well(but unfortunately you can't get it here.. you can get it in Antigua I think and possibly more northerly Caribbean Islands).

Enjoy

It's been a while since I've taken any of the Rum Tours, but I would either the Mount Gay or the Foresquare. Mount Gay is the oldest rum out there , and the Extra Old is my favorite. I think their tour might be better.. so I would suggest this one. Also close to the port as well.

Cheap Rum is relative.. you can buy cheap rum .. but would it be good??? Mount Gay Eclipse or Extra Old is very good. There is a White Rum made in Martinique that is good as well(but unfortunately you can't get it here.. you can get it in Antigua I think and possibly more northerly Caribbean Islands).

Enjoy

Thanks for the Info. :) I was wonder if you know if the Malibu Rum Factory tour is any good and how close it is??

I also seen on another thread that there is a lunch at the Mount Gay Rum tour is it a good meal??

Thanks again :) Randy

I can't vouch for either the Mount Gay Lunch (think I went there long time ago, but not in recent years.. but I'm sure it's good) or the Malibu Tour. Both of these places are very close to the port. Malibu is right on the beach so you get a tour and a beach facility rolled into one.

I can't vouch for either the Mount Gay Lunch (think I went there long time ago, but not in recent years.. but I'm sure it's good) or the Malibu Tour. Both of these places are very close to the port. Malibu is right on the beach so you get a tour and a beach facility rolled into one.

The Beach for the Malibu, is it by the Boatyard beach area??

And how much does the drinks and food run at the Malibu?

• 2 weeks later...

Has any one hung out at the Malibu Rum Factory ???

1. how much is the food and drinks there?

2. Is there any things to do there, snorkel or rent toys etc.

3. Far from the Docks is it ??

And last thing is the tour any good, I like their rum but their Web site is not much to write home about.

Thank you for the Info. if nothing comes back I'm going to Mount Gay

Has any one hung out at the Malibu Rum Factory ???

1. how much is the food and drinks there?

2. Is there any things to do there, snorkel or rent toys etc.

3. Far from the Docks is it ??

And last thing is the tour any good, I like their rum but their Web site is not much to write home about.

Thank you for the Info. if nothing comes back I'm going to Mount Gay

Anyone know about these Questions?? Thank you :confused:

Anyone know about these Questions?? Thank you :confused:

We went to the Malibu factory/beach a couple of years ago when we were staying in barbados. The factory tour wasnt great and I was disappointed to learn that, amazingly, they dont use real coconut in malibu. You pay a package price (I cant remember how much, Frommer says $33 see http://www.frommers.com/destinations/barbados/A24266.html) which includes a meal and one rum drink. When we went, in August 2003 it was very busy and the service was chaotic.

You also have the use of a decent but crowded beach where there are sunloungers and floats in the water and a platform out at sea. No snorkels or anything like that. Its not very far north of the cruise terminal. The gift shop is quite good.

If you only have one day in Barbados, I think there are better things to do than Malibu.

Thanks for the Informayion, Looks like we will do the either the Banks Beer tour or the Mount Gay Rum tour and just go hang out at the Boat Yard.

May be a lot more fun. Take care Randy :)

I agree that malibu is a waste of time for anything other than the beach... we didn't take the tour but have seen others post that it isn't very impressive.. the foodservice here is minimal.. we were there in nov 04 and while it wasn't very busy it took us 45 min to get 4 burgers and fries.. and they were nothing special.. beach chairs were all covered with mildew.. restroom/changing room wasn't very well maintained..

if you are just looking for beach I think you'd be much better at the boatyard or any of the local beaches reachable by taxi.. we would not go back to malibu

I agree that malibu is a waste of time for anything other than the beach... we didn't take the tour but have seen others post that it isn't very impressive.. the foodservice here is minimal.. we were there in nov 04 and while it wasn't very busy it took us 45 min to get 4 burgers and fries.. and they were nothing special.. beach chairs were all covered with mildew.. restroom/changing room wasn't very well maintained..

if you are just looking for beach I think you'd be much better at the boatyard or any of the local beaches reachable by taxi.. we would not go back to malibu

Seen anything on the Mount Gay Rum Tour ??

• 1 month later...

I emailed Mount Gay, and they told me the price for a tour was $6.00 and the tour with lunch was $32.50 each. I am a Malibu lover, but probably will tour the Mount Gay. Princess now does both Mount Gay and the Banks beer distillery tours.

Here is the email:

Thank you for your interest in the Mount Gay Rum Tour , the admission is

USD 6.00 for the regular tour and USD 32.50 for the lunch tour which also

includes transportation . Our lunch tour is conducted on Tuesdays and

Thursdays . Reservations are required for our lunch tours .

Norske

Archived