Request to get off late?

Is there anyway that you can request to be one of the last groups called off the ship so you can take one last stroll around the ship after breakfast? :)

When I was on the Mariner in September, we were around the 5th group called, and we got off well before 7am, which was too early for me lol.

Is there any disadvantages to being in the last groups off the ship? Was my experience just a fluke? (It was my first time with RCCL and the ship was shortened and relocated to Miami due to Hurricane Frances). On average, what time would the last groups be called off?

Thanks!!

Is there anyway that you can request to be one of the last groups called off the ship so you can take one last stroll around the ship after breakfast? :)

When I was on the Mariner in September, we were around the 5th group called, and we got off well before 7am, which was too early for me lol.

Is there any disadvantages to being in the last groups off the ship? Was my experience just a fluke? (It was my first time with RCCL and the ship was shortened and relocated to Miami due to Hurricane Frances). On average, what time would the last groups be called off?

Thanks!!

When they call your group, who says you have to get off? Your luggage is not going anywhere.

He's right. If they call your tag, you don't have to get off right away. The tags do have meanings though...and if you're supposed to be on a bus to the airport, then I would pay attention to the call.

But, if you're just taking care of your own arrangements...you'll be in the last group anyways, so don't worry.

On our last cruise on the Navigator...we just requested last coloured tags...as we didnt have a flight till very late in the day..no problem...we just wandered round the ship...sat at the prom cafe...played the video arcade..etc etc.I think we finally left about 10/10.30am...along with the rest of the last pax not in a hurry to get anywhere.:D

Liz

One disadvantage of hanging around on the ship longer is that your luggage is subject to pick-up, intentional or inadvertent, by other passengers in the customs area. Keep your valuables with you in a carry-on, just in case.

Most cruise lines request you vacate your cabin earlier than the last passengers will be getting off the ship. They ask you to wait in designated public areas so that the cabin stewards can get the cabins ready for the next cruise's passengers. Sometimes the time they ask you to leave your cabin can be as early as 8 AM although you can usually arrange with your room steward to stay in the room a little longer especially if you had given him a nice tip the night before but at some point you will be asked to get out of the cabin and wait in a public area.

Have a great next cruise.

One other disadvantage to being the last off the ship, is if you are taking a taxi, you may have to wait a while for one to arrive. There are only so many taxi's, and they are picking up the people getting off the ship, and you probably are not the only ship in port that day, so being the last one off the ship means you may have to wait longer. In Feb, in Ft. Lauderdale after being one of the last off the Jewel, we had to wait 45 min to an hour to get a taxi.

Thanks for the help everyone! Luckily, we live in Florida and are looking at cruising either the Mariner again or the Navigator, so we can drive there and wont have to worry about flights or taxis :) If we stayed at a hotel though that provided shuttles, would we run into an issue if we get off late?

I was a little worried about the possibility of losing our luggage due to it hanging around the port if our color was called early and we decided to hang around. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks again! :)

Thanks for the help everyone! Luckily, we live in Florida and are looking at cruising either the Mariner again or the Navigator, so we can drive there and wont have to worry about flights or taxis :) If we stayed at a hotel though that provided shuttles, would we run into an issue if we get off late?

I was a little worried about the possibility of losing our luggage due to it hanging around the port if our color was called early and we decided to hang around. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks again! :)

Joe, this happened to me at Cape Liberty. Fortunately we were able to catch the woman who accidentally took my suitcase before she left the port (she'd put her cell number on her tag - smart!). If you want to be close to last to get off the ship, I'd advise taking your own luggage off.

Archived