Can I bring water on board?

minimom5

We're flying into Barcelona at the start of a mid-August W. Med. cruise. I can't imagine us lugging sufficient water from the US or having time to purchase water before boarding.

Can you purchase bottled water aboard the Epic? Where, in what sizes (it will be HOT in Southern Europe) and at what price?

In a similar vein, where could we buy distilled water? Both DW and I use CPAP machines to treat sleep apnea, and they require distilled water. Could the concierge help us obtain it?

Thanks,

JG

You can buy bottled water on board if you want it. I believe they have it in the soda machines, but you'll at least have some in your fridge when you board. If you drink it, they charge you.

Not sure on the purified water, but I CAN tell you that the ship water is more pure than what you can buy in a bottle. It's purified using reverse osmosis or evaporation and is awesome for drinking. I don't know enough about CPAP requirements to know if that is pure enough or not, but certainly they can help you on the ship.

The porters in NOLA do not handle pop and water, FWIW.

I don't want to reveal any secrets but I know that ships sail on oceans and a friend told me that oceans are made of....wait...for..it........

water. There is no real need to carry water onto a ship. They have a ready source.

and it's really, really good

Archived