Airfare-buy it separate or include in package

Sarpy1

We are thinking about taking a 4 day cruise next December and need some advice on what you think is better.

We will be traveling with our 4 yr old grandson and trying to figure out should we book our airfare separate and go down the day before or just put the airfare in our package. We have traveled both ways before, but need to see what would work best with a 4 year old.

Since we are looking December, not sure if we would save a whole lot by doing it separate

Thanks for the advice.....:)

cheaper to do it on your own, and you can control when you fly.

Not knowing where you live, would make a difference as to whether or not to fly in a day before. I didn't mention Carnival air as I have read too many horror stories of people arriving an hour or two before the ship departs and they have to get luggage etc and get to the port.

Another thing to consider is where the port is. If you are flying to Miami, there are tons of flights, to Jacksonville, not so many. Flying in December from an area where there could be snow means, to me, get there a day in advance minimum.

So many variables, but safest is to book your own flight, go a day before and then relax, enjoy your cruise!

Archived