Bungee Cords

Kjsnbrd

I think it will depend on the ship you are on. I just sailed on the Fantasy in a cat 12 balcony suite. I brought 2 - small bungees (about a foot or so long). Looped one around the balcony railing and the other around the door handle then hooked them together. Worked great!

Tony.

I forgot bungee cords!!

However, my balcony door stayed open with no problem. I did stick the chair there when I went to sleep just in case. We had a calm voyage I suppose so I was lucky! GREAT to have that balcony door open and fall asleep to the sounds of the water lapping against the ship! Enjoy!

We just returned from the Triumph, and a 31 inch industrial bungee held the balcony door open perfectly! We slid one s-hook into the open lock, the other into a steel hole on the dividing door. It was great to hear the water at night!

One note:

If we left the bungee up when we were out, the steward would take it off.

We slid one s-hook into the open lock, the other into a steel hole on the dividing door. It was great to hear the water at night!

I wonder how much water the ship would take on if a lot of people did this and the ship was hit by a "wave"?

We would just use our table from the balcony to hold it open when we were in the room and if we left it that way the steward would shut the door. They "encourage" you not to leave your door open because of the A/C. Of course, they also encourage you not to hide any alcohol in your luggage! :-)

I wonder how much water the ship would take on if a lot of people did this and the ship was hit by a "wave"?

And my kids call ME X-Files Mom! I know what you mean though. I did close the door one night due to distant lightning. :eek: DH laughed.

The only wave action I received, was while checking the pretty moon around 3am leaning on the rail in the buff, when spray hit me from above - from deck washing! ARGH! DH really laughed at that one!:p

On our Victory cruise when we were first checking out our room, our steward walked in (We had the door open) And heard us talking about if we needed a bungee cord to keep the door open. He acted horrified and gasped "Oh No! No bungee jumping!":eek:

We all laughed and this set the mood for a wonderful relationship with our steward, Scott, for the rest of the cruise. :)

And my kids call ME X-Files Mom! I know what you mean though. I did close the door one night due to distant lightning. :eek: DH laughed.

LOL...but it is a possibility.

We would just use our table from the balcony to hold it open when we were in the room and if we left it that way the steward would shut the door. They "encourage" you not to leave your door open because of the A/C. Of course, they also encourage you not to hide any alcohol in your luggage! :-)

They encourage you not to leave your door open with the AC because it can be a hazard (if everyone did this, can you imagine the strain it would put on the system? possible fire hazard?) With alcohol, they discourage you bringing it so you can spend more money with them... the balcony door issue doesn't make them additional money...

We hook 2 bungees together... It was a little difficult because we had to hook it to the top of the divider... but it worked!!

We hook 2 bungees together... It was a little difficult because we had to hook it to the top of the divider... but it worked!!

I hope you had the AC cranked all the way up and your iron turned on :rolleyes:

Archived