Come On Rccl - Where Are They?

My husband and I just got back a week ago from sailing on the Jewel of the Sea. While on board we inquired about European cruises for June 2006. They didn't seem to know anything, so my husband wrote to RCCL when we returned home. He mentioned that we were going to book while on the ship, therefore getting a credit on that future cruise. He asked if they would be able to honor the credit when we are finally able to book.....they said no way! They also let him know that the 2006 cruises would be coming out at the end of May. We enjoy RCCL, but we are going to seriously look at the other cruise lines.

It's a little late now but next time, just book any cruise with the same number of nights to get the booking number. RCI will allow you to change cruises either once or twice and still keep the same booking number and the onboard credit. The loyalty amasador should have known and told you about this option.

On our last cruise, we booked a 7 night Mex. Riv. cruise that we have no intention of taking. I booked it to get a booking # and the onboard credit attached to that booking #. When the Alaska cruise itineraries come out, we'll switch to that and keep the same booking # along with the onboard credit for booking while on another cruise.

FWIW, it's not just RCI.

For Alaska, only Carnival and Radison have a cruise listed for 2006. This is the same as last year when I was looking.

For May of 2006 Panama Canal, only Princess has cruises listed.

For May of 2006 Hawaii, only NCL has cruises listed and they have ships dedicated to cruising ONLY Hawaii, so that makes perfect sense.

Keep in mind that there are economic concerns over fuel prices this year that haven't been there in previous years. Also, Granduer just side swiped a dock and could alter itineraries for other ships in the caribbean if she has to go in for an unplanned dry dock. I noticed that cruises which had been listed, but pricing was unavailable, disappeared the same day Granduer hit the dock in Costa Maya.

So let's not all get our shorts in a knot. There's very little choice I'm seeing for 2006 anywhere else at this time.

We've been waiting for March/April Hawaii itineraries also. One thing I've noticed is that Celebrity( RCCL sister line ) has raised rates through the roof and is booked solid. Coincidence?? I don't think so. I think there is a hugh marketing push to raise prices going on right now. When RCCL finally puts out the itineraries it will be like a feeding frenzy to book at any price. This seems to be very well orchestrated and the bottom line seems to be that it is going to cost alot more to cruise. Good for them, bad for us. :(

Yup, my shorts are in a twist. Our family has been looking forward to a 10-11 night Hawaiian cruise for quite some time. It is a very big occasion for us. The possibility of RCCL having a cruise to match our needs is our last hope for Hawaii. If we can't do Hawaii then we will need to look at a different cruise. We would prefer to have this settled soon so we can book a different cruise if need be. This is a big deal to us and is a little agrivating.

I did call RCCL yesterday and was told that the dates should be out in 2 weeks. The lady I talked to said it is possible the Seranade will be in dry dock and therefore skipping Hawaii in 2006. I sure hope not!

For May of 2006 Hawaii, only NCL has cruises listed and they have ships dedicated to cruising ONLY Hawaii, so that makes perfect sense.

Yes, but Princess, Celebrity, Carnival, Holland of America and NCL have April 2006 Hawaiian sailings available.

My husband & I want to do Hawaii in April or May 2006. I prefer one-way & I prefer REASONABLE rates. Celebrity is SO expensive. Sheesh! I'm currently booked with Carnival (12 day Ensenada to Hon on Carnival Spirit April 16, 2006 sailing). I've sailed Carnival before & actually had a great time, but I'd love to sail on the Serenade.

Since I'm going to be using Delta FF miles for the airfare, I have to jump on them when they are released . . . 330 days before from the date of travel. That's why I need RCI to release their info soon!! Will cancel Carnival cruise if I can sail on the Serenade. Need those itineraries!!! C'mon!

The one thing we really liked about RCCL's Hawaiian itinerary is that it is the only cruise line that spends two days in Maui. Everyone else is there early in the morning and leaves around 5 or 7 in the evening. We were overnight in Maui. It was great.

We checked on Celebrity and are not thrilled about their itinerary. At least with Princess, you have the option of picking up Hawaii/Tahiti - which is supposed to be fabulous.

But then, we will never know - that is until RCCL releases those dates.

I don't know...............between next years itinerary and the sales for the Freedom,I think RCCL has a whole new attitutude..............

They seem to be holding back info which creates a frenzy.People then book as soon as the info is released......look what happened with the Freedom bookings in Feb..........

They know they have a captive audience who will book no matter how little info they are given or no matter how long they make us wait.........I think they are trying to creat hype.

Im just getting a little tired of it and I,for one,was a diehard RCCL fan.........Im not so sure anymore........

We got tired of waiting and booked on Princess. Oh well! Were hoping to compare the Explorer (if it was going to be doing Caribbean) with the Caribbean Princess.

Laura :)

This is the "wonderful" response I got from C&A

Thank you for your e-mail. We do apologize for any inconvenience. While

consideration and preparation for the 2006 cruising season is underway, we are unfortunately, unable to speculate when the itineraries will be available.

Please feel free to contact us at 1-800-526-9723 to check if the itineraries for 2006 have come out. We would suggest to keep checking every couple of weeks to see if they have become available. We did check and the 2006 itineraries are unfortunately unavailable at this time.

For your convenience, please check our website, (http://www.royalcaribbean.com), under "Destinations" for general information on the lowest available rates for all categories of accommodations, current itineraries and access to our on-line booking request form.

I almost got the EXACT response two days ago . . . "unable to speculate" my foot!

I, too, like the Serenade itinerary better because of the Maui overnighter! I want to attend a sunset luau, for instance. I'd hate it if the Serenade drydocks and skips Hawaii!! I've still got my April Carnival cruise booked . . . though I'm going to have to think about cashing in those FF miles soon. Eek! I'm hoping RCCL realized that people use FF miles and need 330 days in advance to book them (especially hot stops like Hawaii)! What if the itineraries/dates aren't released in time to snag those SkySaver Delta seats!?:eek:

I'm hoping to see some info by the end of May and not the end of June!

We're going to make somebody on the December 3, 2005 Jewel 8-day Caribbean very happy. We booked JS 1100 as a bookmark, but want to take that cruise, or one similar to it, in December of 2006 instead. We'll be cancelling as soon as we can, but for now, we're holding on to that OBC with both hands!

They're waiting for the coupons to expire, the gift cards to be eliminated, the stockholder credit to run out (wait, they just renewed that one, thank goodness!) etc., etc. If they wait long enough, their passengers will be gone, too.

Add one thing, and I'll agree completely: they're also waiting to fill up the Freedom. I'm not really sure why they need to work at that.

Thank you OP for allowing us all to vent. I'm a bride-to-be trying to book our wedding cruise for Memorial Day weekend 2006, and it's driving me crazy not to know the dates/itineraries/prices for Enchantment of the Seas. We wanted to do a 4 or 5 night to make it more affordable for people, but b/c we keep getting the run around from RCCL on itineraries, we're seriously considering saying adios to RCCL and switching to the 7-night Caribbean Princess and getting married by the Captain at sea.

RCCL needs to pay attention to its customers if they want to keep us. People need a year+ to plan trips for a number of reasons and I think all itineraries should be released 18 mos. in advance whenever possible.

In the FWIW column, NCL posted their 2006 Alaska cruises on their site recently. As of this morning they can be booked at one of the larger online TA's but our TA didn't have them listed yet.

I was able to reserve a minisuite, which appears to be favlorable to RCI JS catagory on NCL's Star. It's mid ship where we want to be. As a bonus, it sails from Seattle rather than Vancouver. That's a savings of close to $600 in airfare for us. I'll put that to good us for a couple of nights in Seattle rather than flying into Vancouver or, flying into Seattle and having to make my way up to Vancouver.

At this point I haven't completely written off sailing with RCI to Alaska again but, if their new anti TA rebating policy makes their cruise more expensive or if it's about the same, it looks as if we'll be taking our first cruise on NCL next year.

Serenade, Radiance, and the Vision OTS have released their 2006 Alaskan sailings. I suppose ANY of those 3 could be doing Hawaii in May 2006. However, RCI has chosen to keep the repositioning cruises under wraps a bit longer. Hopefully they will be revealed on the 12th of May.

I called yesterday, and the rep said that these dates absolutely will not be released prior to June 1. Of course, I could've been talking to an idiot.

I do not grasp what they're getting out of these games (other than the ill will of their customers).

I called (again) yesterday and was told that the dates for the repositioning cruises would be out May 11th "for certain!" Would be nice if all the reps could discuss and agree upon the same answer for the same question (even if it isn't the answer we want). But, none the less, in a year we will be cruising...somewhere.

Dear Mrs. Mills,

Thank you for your e-mail. The 2006 itinerary schedule is not

available at this time. We hope to have the new itineraries in our system

within the next four to six weeks. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Radiance of the Seas is scheduled for dry dock Feb. 6 2006

Serenade of the Seas is scheduled for dry dock May 29. 2006

Subject to change.

Mr. Mills, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon. Get out

there (sm).

Sincerely,

Tracey Jones

Crown & Anchor Society

• 3 weeks later...

Archived