CP Lido balcony cabin?

HMcruiser

Has anyone had a balcony cabin on this deck? How is the noise level on the balcony and how big is the balcony? This is our first time on Princess, just wanted to get an idea of what to expect (or cancel our upgrade).

Thanks!

We had a Lido deck balcony when we sailed on the Grand last April.As far as noise goes, we didn't really hear anything else besides the ocean! I think a couple of times when we were out there during the day, we heard a few footsteps as the running track up on the sport deck is right over your heads but it wasn't bothersome really.We heard our neighbors arguing a few times:eek: but just made our presence known outside and that quieted them down!What was nice was a short walk down the hall and you were right out by the pool and Horizon Court.Balcony size is moderate, I think Caribe balconies are a bit bigger,but on Lido,you don't have anyone looking down on you.I think you will love it and love Princess, Have a wonderful trip!! Jaxson:) p.s. The Grand is the sister ship to the Caribbean Princess so the decks and layouts are the same.

Hi HM Cruiser,

We sailed the Thanksgiving cruise on the Lido deck last year.

And liked it so much we have booked the same deck on the Star this year.

I too was a little concerned of the possible noise especially from the Movies under the stars , but even from our balcony (L302) we heard nothing.

We were the top deck and could look down on everyone (if we wanted icon12.gif ) and nobody could see into ours .There was no noise from above either.

Balcony is not as big as caribe deck but has a table and two chairs,plenty big enough for us.

Other plus points

Can get your pizzas / burgers and take them to your room on the same deck of course with ease.

Close to all the pools , no waiting for lifts

Passage ways end at the bridge so no throughfare for other passengers

As i said we are doing the same again as i cant tell you enough how enjoyable our stateroom on the Lido deck was.

Have fun

Regards

Tony

(Ex Uk Cruiser lol)

Glad to hear all the good reports about Lido...my DW and I have booked Golden to the Med and Greek Isles 06/03/06 and our stateroom is L312...it is the last room on the port side before going out on deck

Patrick

Archived