Rainforest excursion with Carnival????

hygienist999

I haven't sailed Carnival, yet. But we once did an rainforest horseback riding excursion in San Juan. One thing I can tell you is that it's about an hour drive to the rainforest. Since our ship left early that day it was a bit rushed, but still fun.

Not sure if you are willing - but, it is very easy to rent a car and drive to the rainforest. Then hike at your own pace and swim under the waterfall. The roads are well marked. As soon as you are out of Old San Juan - you will see the sights similar to home - KFC, Walmart, etc. Signs for the rainforest are very clear and the trail is simple to follow to the waterfall - we've done it many times. Just a suggestion.

Rather than using a cruise ship tour I would recommend a private tour. In February, my wife and I used Native Tours, the driver was Manuel. He couldn't have been more helpful as he guided us through the rain forest impressing us with his knowledge. At one point in the tour he filled in for a forest ranger at the reception desk in the park facility and was giving an informal introduction to the visitors while the ranger was otherwise occupied.

During the trip there he described the various areas we drove through and we let Manuel make the important decisions as to where to stop in the park. It was an unforgettable day and less expensive and more comfortable than driving on a bus.

There email address is nativetours@yahoo.com and phone 787 314-5665.

We did the rainforest tour on RCCL a few years ago. I was super excited after seeing pictures & reading about it. I have to say my husband & I were disappointed. Several of the waterfalls it talked about that we would visit, were not even on the tour. We only saw one waterfall, the rest of it was ok, but really wasn't much different than any other trail through the woods we'd ever been on. It was a very long drive to get there & travel through not great parts of town. I wouldn't recommend it. I'd probably opt for a beach, or Old San Juan.

Archived