Just Back-- Voyager of the Seas 4/16-4/23

Hello All,

Back from a great vacation. I will try and post a more indepth review later this week but I will be happy to answer any quesitons that you may have. We are in our early 30's with no kids and sailed the Eastern Caribbean.

M&C

Who was the CD? How was the food? So you know if Magumu was in the ice show...he broke a world record when we sailed on the voyager in February. Was the sailing extremely smooth because when we sailed on the eastern, we coudlnt tell that we were moving.

Thanks!

-Matt

HI I WILL BE on the voyager on may 7th,

couple of ??? i was last on the voyager on 8/2003, is the ship still beautiful,& maintained nicely??

how was the food shows and ect....

how was the sea's where they rough???

are the waitstaff & crew great or so so!!!!!

sorry so many ??? just getting itchy to go in less then 2 weeks!!!!

thanks liz

Evildiva, we sailed out of Miami and went to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Labadee. I just enjoyed being pampered the whole week. We had excellent tablemates which always gives you something to look forward to. The ports were good. We did a snorkeling excursion in Nassau. It was a little windy before we went out but once we got out on the catemaran(sp?) the seas and wind died down. The water was a little cold but once we were in and got used to the water it was great. Saw some pretty cool fish.

Matt690-We actually became very good friends with Megamu. We met him the first day in the gym and saw him almost every day after that. He is the absolute nicest person you could ever meet. He was so genuine and down to earth. It was really funny because my wife and I were celebrity judges for the ice-show so we already had the bias towards him. This was this ice casts final performace and they were amazing considering the rocky seas that we had. That is cool that you actually saw the record jump. We heard about it at our meet and mingle and thought that it was so cool that we actually met him. The seas were very rocky the first couple of days and calmed down a little bit by day 4 but you still could notice the moderate swells. We had rough swells the first 3-4 days.

Lestrela- We were on the VOS about 4 years ago and it still looks in great shape. I am sure if we wanted to be picky we could have found some things that looked worn but instead to enjoy the beauty of the VOS. I think that they do a remarkable job maintaining the ship. They were always painting, touching up. The food to me was great. I didn't have order anything that wasn't good or had to send back. The shows were good. The first production show we saw before and didn't like it then and don't know why would like it now and we didn't. Not sure of the name. The ice-show is not to be missed of course. The other shows were good and the comedians we fairly good and the juggler/magician was excellent and very entertaining. We did have rough seas the first couple of days and not to scare you but there were families that did miss dinner because of sea sickness. We had fairly rough seas the first 3-4 days and then I would say moderate seas until the last day and then on the final sea day we had calm seas. I think there was just a storm front that we couldn't avoid. Of the 5 cruises we have done, this was by far the worst seas we have ever encountered. I am sure that you will have smooth sailing. Are you on the repositioning cruise? I would be excited to. I remember counting down the days and wanting to be out sailing.

I will be more than happy to answer as many questions as I can.

M&C

hyerpraise - We were on the same route 2 weeks before you. Glad that you enjoyed it, too!

Megamu was our muster captain, and he made us yell "bingo" whenever our room number was called. Was the record jump the first triple axel on the open seas? I also agree that the ice cast was very friendly - we saw Nikki (Canadian) a number of times around the ship, and she was always nice. And yes, to skate during rough swells - amazing!

How did you find Drew and his CD staff?

Welcome back!

This was our 5th cruise and out of the 5 cruise directors he was probably one of the worst. He was ok. He didn't ruin our cruise by any stretch, I just think that he was ok. He didn't take anything away from our cruise experience but he certainly didn't add anything to it. To me a cruise director can only add to the experience while on board, they can never take anything away or make it worse.

I do believe the record jump was the first triple axel at sea.

Hi all. I will be on the Voyager Memorial weekend. Was wondering if anyone knows if the tv's have AV ports for portable video games for the kids? How much is for the baby sitting at night and the times it starts and finishes ( The child care in room). Any recomondations on baby sitters? What is the dinner menu like ( any lobster or Crabs :rolleyes: ) and on Seafood night, is it the same in the Dining room and Buffet? Thanks in advance for the answers. :)

We were on this cruise, too, and had a wonderful time! Met some great people and did some fun things.

The food, I thought, was better than on our last 2 cruises. The lobster/shrimp combo on Thursday night was excellent. Portofino's was awesome, Quest was outrageous!

I don't think you can hook up video games to the room TV - there's plenty of games in the arcade. My son lived in the kids' club all week - I think if he could have put his bed in there, he would have! Maybe someone else can help with the babysitting cost per hour. It was $5 an hour to leave kids in Adventure Ocean after 10:00 pm.

Drew Devine was ok as cruise director - after 4 cruises, I think they all tell the same corny jokes at every show.

We had a Meet & Mingle on our first sea day - we were there with hyerpraise and 3 other couples - it was too bad no one made the effort to come, especially since it was cloudy outside!

No matter - those of you with upcoming cruises will enjoy the Voyager!

Happy cruising -

Robin

I'm going May 15-20 on the Voyager. Did you order room service? Is it true you can order from the dining menu for room service? Are there outdoor dining areas for the Windjammer? Was pate or escargot served during the week? Was the sushi in Windjammer still just fake crabmeat and smoked salmon (it was on the Mariner last year), or was it the real thing? How were the big production shows? We're ambivalent toward them, but if it's really good we'll go and see it. Was the ice show worth seeing? We've never seen it, seemed like too much trouble to get tickets, but everyone says it's not-to-be-missed.

sorry about all the questions, but thanks in advance!

I would say that the ice show is a "not to be missed".. .once. DH and I saw it last year, and probably wouldn't bother to go see it again if not for the fact that we are going to be going with those who have never been on the voyager before this time out.

We'll be leaving on Friday for our pre-night stay in Miami. On Saturday we'll be on this amazing ship! We can hardly wait as it is cold and rainy here in Ohio.

Questions:

What nights are formal nights? Have they done away with the "smart casual" night? and the snorkeling in Nassau...booked thru RCCI or private?...did you enjoy it?

Thanks! So much to do and so little time!!

JdFloyd, Our formal nights were Sunday and Wednesday. There was smart casual but I just wore a polo shirt and khakis and to tell you the truth I fit in with about 80% of the people. We booked through RCI. We usually don't but there really wasn't anything else that we cared to do so we just wanted to go snorkeling off a boat so we chose to go through RCI. I did enjoy it. It was the 3.5 hour tour. I think it was called Sail & Snorkel. The Catemaran was nice and the ride out there was very enjoyable. Enjoy your cruise Jdfloyd. I am definitely jealous because I wish I were back at sea instead of work.

I would not miss the Ice Show. I have seen it before and still was amazed at what type of show they put on. The other production shows were ok but I wouldn't go see them again.

They did serve escargot but I am not sure about pate. They had some unual munchies at the Meet & Mingle. Maybe pate was one of them.

Hello Robin-- How did you enjoy the cruise.

M&C

Our cruise director aboard the VOS in Feburary was Becky Thompson... she was the best cruise director we have ever had! She was extremely talented adn funny, adn she was into her job. Yes, the record was the first triple axel at sea... amazing! You said that the ice cast was leaving? How did you like casey adn the cruise staff adn bingo? Our waitress Rebecca told us that when we sailed in February, RCCL VOS recently got a new menu for the dining room (2 weeks prior to our sailing). SHe said she heard and thought the food was better. We throught that the food was outstanding! They had soft soerve ice cream aroudn the ship, but we missed not having ice cream in the prominade with sprinkles... it looked like this machine was broken. Thats all.

-Matt

Archived