Just off the Jewel 3/17/12

Eric.Lince

Well this was our second cruise with NCL our first on the Jewel. Let me say it was a fantastic cruise. It was myself, wife and two sons 2 years and 9 months. We decided to cruise with my parents who are in there 60's and it being there first cruise. We told my mother we would pay her way if she agreed to babysit from time to time so my wife and I could enjoy a little more freedom this time. With the exception of all the college kids(hogging the pool area) overall it was a good trip. But I quickly learned to enjoy the pool area during the early hours of the morning cause all the kids slept in late cause of the late night partying.

Balcony State Room:

We had connecting balcony rooms. At first I was very disapointed cause the room was very outdated with dust everywhere, no room services menus, a broken sofa and a Locked safe, oh and no remote control to the television. I wasn't gonna let these things bother me too much as I figured they would all work itself out eventually, and they did. Our steward newman went out of his way to make make everything right.

Food:

Garden Buffet was OK I really only ate there for Breakfest or a quick bite cause I not really big on buffets. One really cool thing happend when we were eating there, we saw everyone running to the back of the ship cause somthing was going on outside. Turned out there were 3 tornadoes way in the distance you could see the water bouncing off the ocean it was quite a seen.

MDR: Both dining rooms were terrific, never had a bad experience food was excellent.

Mamas: This is actually my favorite restaurant...Chicken parm is to die for and the ricotta cheescake Heaven.

Blue Lagoon: Good comfort food when your looking for a quick bite but dont want to fight for your food at the buffet.

Stirrup cay: Second time there but have made a lot of improvements, and the weather was beautiful tender was a very rocky going in, was kinda fun in a scary way.

Nassau: Went to Altantis to check out the aqarium. Was well worth it. Got a ticket for 16 bucks cause my father is retired military, they dont advertise this but they do offer it.

Staff:Was amazing always looked you in the eyes and smiled and said hello.

Overall we really enjoyed our cruise. My parents loved it as well. Before we first stepped foot on the boat my father said he hated boats and he was only going cause of my mother. Two days later all my dad did was talk about how much he loved it plus he already booked his next cruise. Funny how quickly things change. Looking forward to our Breakaway cruise next year.

Archived