Dolphin Upgrade at Blue Lagoon

canjay95

The Dolphin swim is not available on our Carnival cruise in July, only the dolphin encounter. We wanted to book with Carnival just to make sure we don't get left behind or anything. I emailed Blue Lagoon and asked if we could upgrade when we got there to the swim. They said it would be another $87 pp to do this....does that sound right? We are paying $165 for the encounter thru the ship.

The Dolphin swim is not available on our Carnival cruise in July, only the dolphin encounter. We wanted to book with Carnival just to make sure we don't get left behind or anything. I emailed Blue Lagoon and asked if we could upgrade when we got there to the swim. They said it would be another $87 pp to do this....does that sound right? We are paying $165 for the encounter thru the ship.

Yes, that's about right. It's the difference between the price of the two programs if you do them thru BL.

This was previously asked and here was my answer for that poster:

My niece did the Dolphin Encounter through Carnival when we were there in October 2011. They were picked up near where the ships dock and brought back to the same location. That was convenient. If you do it on your own, you have to go to Paradise Island I think to catch their ferry and the times aren't that convenient and you would have the cost of a taxi back & forth to the ship to add into the cost.

My niece wanted to do the Dolphin Swim and was told that if there was availability when she got there, she could upgrade. Well she looked into it and it was an extra $80. Needless to say, she passed and said she was glad she did. For the $80, all the others got was the "push" from the dolphin which took all but 5 extra minutes.

She enjoyed it. Said it was a great time and she was able to get swimming with a dolphin off the lists of things she wanted to do in her lifetime

If you go through Carnival, watch out for the returning ferry. She was told that the ferry was leaving at 3:30pm. She went to buy her picture and head to the ferry at 3:20pm and the ferry was already gone . She had to wait for Blue Lagoons last ferry out at 4pm which didn't leave until 4:30pm. We were in Nassau overnight so she didn't have to worry about the ship leaving on her but we did have dinner plans and ended up getting out later then we planned because we had to wait for her. No big deal, we were on vacation but if your time is limited and need to catch the ship, it could be a problem. Being a Carnival excursion I would hope they would wait for you but if you miss 'THEIR FERRY BACK', not sure if they would.

Archived