Any Park & Sail Hotels in SFO?

cruisinsuzan

Greetings,

Just booked a last minute on the Infinity for next month and looking for a hotel we can do a one night pre and one night post that would include parking or discounted parking? Anyone had any experiece with this?

Thanks!

I did a park and fly at the best western at SFO when we went on an Caribbean cruise several years ago. We did one night pre-cruise and one night post-cruise. At that time it was free and they picked us up at the airport after the flight. But it may have chinged since then.

No we had to fly to Miami. But if you parked your car there you would have to take an shuttle or taxi to the port and back or take the car to the port and park there they have parking for people going on cruise ship is a short distance from the pier. Your best bet may be to get a hotel closer to Fishman's Wharf and park in the long term parking at the pier. I am not sure of the price but it is around $7 to 12.00 a day.

Oops, sorry I just check the web site and it is $14 a day. They have really raised since I checked last. Here is a web site that may give you some information. I guess I wasn't thinking will be going on my Panama Canal cruise tomorrow and that is on my mind.

http://www.*****.com/SanFrancisco/portinfo.htm

Are you driving up from So. Cal? If so, then I'm wondering why you would want to stay near SFO----the airport is not close to the port; unless you are thinking there might be better deals there???? You would still have to deal with getting into San Francisco from the hotel, however.

Maybe I'm just not reading this right.:confused:

Well I found a couple of "deals" for you to check out and decide if they are worth it.

www.chancellorhotel.com/packages lists a cruise special for $145 with "extended parking available", so by the time you pay for taxes and the parking, it's probably going to be quite expensive. I think it includes the first nights parking and breakfast, but doesn't say anything about transportation to the cruise terminal. It is right in San Francisco though, but I don't know anything about this hotel.

www.parksleepfly.com lists a park/sleep/cruise special at the La Quinta Inn by the SF airport (SFO) for $115, including one night lodging, up to 14 days of parking, and transfer to the port! I think there was breakfast too??? They are listed as 8 miles away from the cruise port and it looks like you can arrange for transfer back there after the cruise for an additional fee. If you are interested in this, I would call the La Quinta directly (check their website) and ask about those extra charges. If you are just looking for a place to rest pre and post cruise, this might be your best deal.

If you want to stay in SF to sightsee, you might be better off with a hotel that doesn't offer a "deal" and just park at the cruise terminal. In any case, tripadvisor.com is a great site for hotel reviews; I used it to narrow down my choices for my upcoming cruise out of New Orleans.

Hope this helps to get you started..........have a great time.

Archived