Quick question about these ships.

Can someone please tell me about these Royal Caribbean ships please? Any pros and cons about certain ships that I should be aware of? Is one nicer than the other?

Majesty of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

Monarch of the Seas

Thanks for taking the time to answer a question that you get so often.

-Ice

I'm thinking of booking a quick getaway on the majesty. Can anyone please enlighten me on this ship and anything else that they may want to add? We would have to fly from San Francisco to Miami, is it worth it for a 3 day getaway where air will probably be more than cruise fare? :confused:

The Sovereign class ships were built in the late 80's/early 90's. They're very nice but the cabins are quite small. I do like their pool areas and centrum. I was on the Sovereign in 1989 and the Monarch in 1999 and enjoyed both of them very much.

You may want ot check because I think a couple of these ships have been recently drydocked/renovated and may be in better condition than the others.

I'll be interested in readin responses to this post... we're cruing the Sovereign next month!

Ice- the Sovereign was renovated last fall, added things like JR, Sorrento's pizza, balconies, and refurbed the public areas. The post renovation reviews have been very promising. :)

I have Never been on Sovereign. Monarch and Majesty are sister ships they are very much alike. I have been on Monarch 3 times. Once for our honeymoon. She is very nice we liked it a lot. However those trips were before her drydock and rework so I am sure its much better. I am going on Majesty in 10 days. If you like I could give you a review when we return? As stated above these are small ships in the fleet, but size is not everything!!!

I have Never been on Sovereign. Monarch and Majesty are sister ships they are very much alike. I have been on Monarch 3 times. Once for our honeymoon. She is very nice we liked it a lot. However those trips were before her drydock and rework so I am sure its much better. I am going on Majesty in 10 days. If you like I could give you a review when we return? As stated above these are small ships in the fleet, but size is not everything!!!

I'd love to read your review when you get back. We are just thinking of the quick 3 day bahamas cruise as a little getaway to hold us over until our next cruise and it also gives us the chance to try a new line.

Thanks again

Archived