Early saver/booking engine problem

CruiseTricia

I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I'm getting frustrated!

A few days ago I used the booking engine/fare viewer and saw that my cruise had been reduced by $100 as part of the Spring into summer sale. I submitted the form and yesterday got a response that I was denied because it was not a valid rate. I called them and spent an hour on the phone trying to get them to see the same rate I saw. I made her type the booking engine address into her browser and see it that way. Finally, she could see it and she credited me the $100.

Now again today, the cruise has dropped another $80 - yay! I had trouble submitting the form due to server issues, so I called tonight. Same problem! I finally got the person to see the rate, but she says that it is not a real rate! You can't book from the booking engine! She asked me how I even found that page... Cruisecritic! But, it is on the carnival site! I have been on hold forever again (i'm on hold while typing this) so she can see what to do. She doesn't think they can honor this price.

Frustrating!!!!!

Archived