Solstice - effect of smoking on Dec 5

morxx

If you are on or anywhere near the central hump chances are good you will smell cigarette smoke at times. How much it will bother you depends on how sensitive you are to cigarette smoke. For me I would never book a stateroom on decks 6 through 8 near midship on port side.

Thanks for your replies. I booked port side because I thought we would see more land from our balcony as we sailed along and it would be more interesting. I had forgotten about the smokers!

I think I will have to try to change to starboard.

Thanks for your replies. I booked port side because I thought we would see more land from our balcony as we sailed along and it would be more interesting. I had forgotten about the smokers!

I think I will have to try to change to starboard.

That's the same reason I booked it for my next cruise again, knowing that i'll have the smoke issue. Funny thing is though I doubt we'll be sailing such that we'll see anything anyway LOL. I just went with sentiment because we stayed in the exact same cabin number on the Equinox so I figured that way my boyfriend won't get lost :-)

I was on deck 6 on Solstice a couple of weeks ago on the starboard side, and people would walk under my balcony smoking. I even saw one couple toss their butts over the railing!

Some people will break the rules as long as they think they can get away with it. And some will break the rules regardless of anything else.

I was on deck 6 on Solstice a couple of weeks ago on the starboard side, and people would walk under my balcony smoking. I even saw one couple toss their butts over the railing!

Some people will break the rules as long as they think they can get away with it. And some will break the rules regardless of anything else.

Seems like we can't win! We may have to stay in our original cabin as I have been offered two other cabins that I don't fancy, one very near the front and one right at the back.

Archived