Need ES Price Drop Help ASAP!!!

hschlink

Hi All,

I know this is the question has been asked a million times but today was the first day I’ve found our rate lower than what we paid. About a year ago we booked the Legend cruise for 4/22/12 ES (category 4K) and today that category dropped $60 a person for the “Spring Into Summer Sale”.

I have the link to the ES form: http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

Do I qualify for this price drop? Most importantly will I be able to keep my room? I picked it specifically and don’t want to change…even if it means missing a price drop.

Help ASAP would be appreciated…thanks!!!

Yes, as long as it's specifically for your category.

Submit the form ASAP. Do a screen shot of the price right now, in case they deny it for some odd reason.

Not picking on you, promise, but they will not accept screenshots as proof. You're certainly not hurting anything by taking one, but when my first price drop didn't show up, I told the supervisor (I couldnt get my previous PVP to call me back) I had one and was told they didn't accept them, because they can be photo-shopped. They did, however fix it and give me the OBC, so they weren't nasty about it or anything.

I could be wrong here, but the Spring into Summer deal is for new bookings. If you're already booked ES then you're not a new booking and this isn't an option to get OBC.

Early saver is NOT exempt from new bookings. Other rates can receive adjustments until final payment, unless it says for new bookings, but ES is always eligible even when it says new :)

The "new bookings only" caveat does not apply to Early Saver. There is nothing that preculdes Price-matching to Spring Into Summer and there are procedures for "price-matching" to "Guarantee" offerings and to CashBack/OBC offerings. ken

Saving a Screen Image of a Fare Drop is EXCELLENT Advice and should be followed. Any number of posters have submitted a screen shot (via e-mail response or re-submittal of the ES on-line form) and have had their rejection rescinded. I'd agree that Carnival doesn't HAVE to accept a screen image, but they do respond to it by either accepting it directly or using it to further research/confirm the claim. PVP's and 900 number reps are not supposed to "process" Early Saver claims/issues (and are not knowledgeable in all the ES nuances), only the ES Claim Department.

ken

I could be wrong here, but the Spring into Summer deal is for new bookings. If you're already booked ES then you're not a new booking and this isn't an option to get OBC.

Yes you can get the price drop for the Spring into Summer Sale. I did. I booked ES last July and I got price drops. You get OBC if final payment is made and remember you can get OBC up until 2 days before sailing. :)

Archived