Ruby Princess Question(s)

LisaH

All, DH and I are thinking about a Med cruise in Oct 2013 and there is a nice itin on the Ruby that starts in Venice and ends in Rome. I went online to look at deck plans and was posed with the question on when I would be sailing as to what deck plan it would show me. It was either before or after April 2013. Are there plans to do something to the ship as far as updates?

Also, are any of the balconies fully covered. If not, which ones are partially covered?

Thanks much. I know many of you will have the answers.

Apparently they are going to recategorize cabins. So it is a change in designation / price, not a physical change. Caribe deck are only ones partially covered.

Interesting...I wonder why. I mean if it is built as one thing - how could it be something else?

Thanks for the info. :)

I just checked and the cabin we have booked for our Mediterranean cruise in August (B318) is a BD but with the new designations will be a BB.

This was a nice upgrade by princess as we initially booked a BG guarantee ant they assigned us a BA up on the Lido (L308). I called and they reassigned us to B318 at my request and lowered our fare by about $700. The cabin we now have is rated higher on the new system than the one on the Lido Deck! Works for me!

Obviously the ratings change has to do with what are customer preferences. Some cabins went up in ratings, like B318 and some went down like L308.

We just took Ruby (February 26). it was great. We had a caribe deck balcony near the stern, port side. Friends had caribe balcony forward starboard side. Wonderful cruise, wonderful crew. Really liked our cabin and the location. Ou friends liked their cabin, too. You will have fun.

Ohiodoglover

Archived