Silver Spirit Apr. 3 FLL to Barbados: dress code

alithecat

We are in the process of booking this cruise, at the last minute. I see in Silversea's evening dress code basic guidelines that cruises of this duration (9 nights) usually have 2 formal, 4 informal, and 3 casual evenings. I also see that it says details of your specific cruise will be provided in your final cruise documents.

Is there anyone here who is booked on this cruise and can tell me what their final cruise documents say about dress code? Thanks!

Formal is as expected...dressy for women and dark suit/tux/dinner jacket for men; Informal is country club casual/dresses/pant suits for women and jacket, tie optional for men; casual is just that sans jeans, t-shirts and whatever else appears inappropriate to you. I am assuming good judgement :-) !

There wont be any thing more specific in the final documents than you already have. I generally pack a couple more informal outfits than required & mix and match. You can always dine in your suite or the Terrazza if you dont want to dress up. Enjoy the trip

I don't need any dress code advice, thanks; I have sailed on Silversea before. I was specifically asking if the final docs. for this cruise listed the exact no. of formal/informal/casual nights.

What did your final docs say on your prior Silverseas cruise?

I received my final docs. for the Barbados cruise, and there is nothing in it on dress code except for a repeat of the general guidelines of 2 formal/4 informal/3 casual.

The reason I am concerned is because there were 2 formal nights documented for the last Silversea cruise we took, about 2 years ago. But they actually had 3 formal nights. So I don't trust them.

I am probably going to take an extra formal outfit, if there is room in the suitcase.

Exactly what I said - you only ever get the guideline info. I always pack an additional formal & casual outfit. On our last cruise - Silver Cloud up the Amazon last November, all formal & informal nights were cancelled due to air conditioning problems. Took all my formal stuff there & back for nothing !!

Archived