Hurricane season in the Bahamas.

MrsZee

We are traveling to the Bahamas in September. If we by chance happen to have a storm and we get diverted, where would we port instead? It's only a 5 day out of Jacksonville, where else would they have time to go?

We are traveling to the Bahamas in September. If we by chance happen to have a storm and we get diverted, where would we port instead? It's only a 5 day out of Jacksonville, where else would they have time to go?

No way to know- too hypothetical. It would depend on where the Hurricane was. Carnival will do whatever they have to to keep you safe. Just hope for no storms and enjoy!!

Possibly.........you might not visit any ports. We crossed paths with Katrina back when & only got to visit Key West. From there we missed Nassau & Freeport, just steamed about the Florida coast. I think that we got $20 per passenger per port as compensation for missing the ports. Lots of people were unhappy, didn't matter to me I've seen those ports and the best part of my vacation is the ship anyway.

I was just thinking about planning things to do in other ports instead, no big concern. I don't care if we do 5 full days at sea, that would be awesome! (except for the cranky people). But, I don't know what to plan for because I don't know where a ship from Jacksonville could make it and back in 5 days. Just wondering where else we might go so I could have a back up plan rather than thrown for a loop in a port I am not familiar with and not knowing what to do.

Archived