Charlotte Vale

dtwtraveler

I wish I could have met aka Charlotte Vale! What a hoot! She is one of my favorite female characters in a movie. Did she have a certain affinity for talking with men who had German accents on the ship? I especially enjoyed her when I was a smoker! Imagine thinking that the lighting of the two cigarettes was oh so romantic! Did most fellow passengers understand the story behind her name? I'm assuming more women understood than men, eh? The other appropriate name of a female character on a ship in a movie could be Terri as in "An Affair to Remember"!:)

dtwtravler~~~Yes, "Charlotte Vale" was indeed a character! I met Maureen on the Seabourn Pride a few years ago......she was enjoying herself, but Cunard was her home and her first and only love!

Her death was such a shock to all of us and certainly untimely as M.G. was only 51 yrs. old. I was happy she sailed the Caronia, even though she was not well~~~

She shall be missed!

Smooth seas and blue skies!

Martita

Charlotte Vale certainly was one of a kind...not only was her humour contagious but she was also very generous & kind!

Martha - when is that book coming out??????

I too miss MG, aka Miss Charlotte Vale in her spectators.

Rotty~~~Miss Vale was always "'goin down to Rio....." hahaha with her "spectators on!"

My book is being written......do you think it should be an "expose?"......I' bet I'd have a few that would pay me $$$$'s NOT to mention their names! hahaha

Come join us on our 2006 March Seabourn Pride Crossing....the gala theme this Crossing,

"Tickled PINK!" It's to be an all ship's evening affair. Everyone will be wearing PINK.

The guests are to be the decorations! They may decide to either dress "up or down!"

And NO, I've not ordered new PINK Officer's uniforms......nor have I made a request as to the beautiful Pride ship being REpainted! It's to be just full of "fun and phooey!" CARUMBA!

Hugs to you!

Martita B.

Archived