Riviera deck cabin 618 help

Kineticoh20

Who has said this is a terrible cabin? :confused:

We book in the 600-700 range all the time on the Emerald.

Its a great location.

I have read many negative things about cabins forward in the 300-400 range because they have had issues with noise from above.

We have not had any issues with the 600-700 area.

Its a great location.

I have read many negative things about cabins forward in the 300-400 range because they have had issues with noise from above.

There are reviews that it is just under the tiled entrance to Horizon and you hear carts of dishes banging at all hours. I hope this is not the case as this cruise is all but sold out.

There have been many, many reports of horrible noise emanating from the Lido deck down into the Riviera deck cabins. The Riviera deck is one to avoid if at all possible.

What were you upgraded from? Is it possible to get your former cabin back? I would call your TA/Princess (whomever you are working with) and ask for a different "upgrade" that is not on Riviera deck. I was in a cabin under the Lido deck on one occasion years ago and the noise from the buffet was nightmarish. I will never do it again.

Your cabin really is not bad at all. First it is not right under the horizon court, but well back from that, pretty near the aft pool.

Second, the horizon court is not open past 11pm, so you will not hear much noise if any at all. In fact, I have been in that area late at night and no one was around.

Third I am a fan of aft cabins and have R750 booked for later this year which is completely aft oceanview. My last cruise was in the same location as yours, but on a different ship and it was great. I loved being able to walk a few feet to the pool. I never had any noise issues what so ever.

Just because they are not serving food to passengers in the buffet area during the wee hours of the night does not mean there is no noise in the wee hours. We were awoken at 4:00 a.m. daily with the preparation of the breakfast service on the one occasion we had a cabin below the buffet area. Here is the review of a passenger who stayed in R618 on Caribbean Princess. He was not happy with the noise level in that cabin:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=743145&highlight=r618

Its a great location.

high heel girl. Can you reference any posts that you read about addressing noise complaints in R400 series? You have posted this many times, and we have searched many times but can not find these posts?

The PH suites are the most expensive on the Emerald besides the Owners Suites and our PH suite for this summer has increased $500. Thanks.

high heel girl. Can you reference any posts that you read about addressing noise complaints in R400 series? You have posted this many times, and we have searched many times but can not find these posts?

The PH suites are the most expensive on the Emerald besides the Owners Suites and our PH suite for this summer has increased $500. Thanks.

Here ya go.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1595298&highlight=riviera+deck+noise

We have sailed 3 times in R619 and LOVE it - we request it now~

You are directly below the Horizon Court but I have never heard any noise from that area - and I am a light sleeper.

Reasons to love that area:

1. A few doors down, and up 5 steps ~ you have your own private pool - the terrace pool.

2. A few doors down, and up 5 steps ~ you have your very own bar - the terrace bar. Nice to have the same bartender all the time! Also great for grabbing a bucket of ice if you run out.;)

3. A few doors down, and up 5 steps ~ venture to the right ~ and you have the Horizon court - great for a quick breakfast to bring back to your cabin.

Archived